Misinformed 3 Times by Princess Customer Service

crusingdave

for some reason Sandytoes just throws stuff out there. She also mentioned the other day about CrizinDave not coming back to post to which I posted that Dave wasn't posting again until he had some news from his TA but she continues to question why Dave hasn't come back.:confused:

Bill

Not to get to off topic, but I do think that Princess does send out mailings that their reps are totally unaware of. In fact I received 2 this year, one was prior to my first sailing on May and stated something about receiving a credit for a new booking, I was at that time looking at a trip in November but not yet booked. Stated I would receive a credit because of captains circle member. However when I called since I had not actually taken the May sailing yet they said I wasn't eligible for the promotion but they had mailed it to me, another rep had not idea what I was talking about as I read the letter to her. Later on I did book a trip for November and received a flyer later about upgrading to balconies for $100 and my sailing date was listed, I had not had this flyer for a week even and had not made final payment and was considering changing. It did state new bookings but the Princess rep had stated I could switch cabins for this promo if I had called sooner they said the offer was expired (no exp dates anywhere in the flyer) and I had only gotten it about 3-4 days earlier. However rep did tell me there was a lower charge on my cabin category than what I booked at and to call my Travel Agent and get them to lower my rate which that at least was done. Also just to note I did receive a price reduction after making my final payment (however I paid early so the actual final payment date wasn't past). Also told by multiple reps that if you put a shipboard credit on an account prior to sailing it can't be refunded if not used - when I got on the ship I went to check that the credits we put on the account were there and the first thing the guy said at the counter was do you want that refunded to you now??? This was only the first day onboard even.

Maybe Princess should mailed out less offers. And the ones they do mail out, all terms and exceptions should be spelled out so there isn't any doubt as what the buyer (the prospective passenger) needs to do to qualify. And the CSRs and the promotional staff should know about any offers being offered. So that those offered an offer can take advantage of the offer they're being offered, and thus, happy passengers who will return to take another cruise, even sans an offer.

MaryPoppinz

Newmansdad can not answer your questions...

No one can.... The OP posted once and has not returned.....

newman's dad - how can you say this ------:rolleyes:

No where is it written the date of cruise, ship, nor cabin or payment due date.

Maybe the OP had the wrong cruise date, the wrong ship, or possibly the wrong cabin booked and booked to late..... This cjould be the reason why he was denied the cert.

Maybe now, the OP realizes this and has not returned to answer our questions.....

We'll never know....

Sometimes more is learned from the details people leave out. Some people only read what favors them and want to ignor the rest. Your a prime example! Even a fool can tell by Princesses response that the rules weren't followed.

CruisingDave claims to have a master level education (what's that mean)? His TA set everything up and it appears they also didn't read all terms and conditions either.

This is why CrusingDave needs to post a copy of the offer before bashing the cruseline. He won't ever post it because he didn't follow the terms and conditions and now is attempting the bash the cruiseline to get a coupon he didn't earn. He only tells thing that support his side of the story not the entire story.

I challenge CruisingDave to Post the complete offer for all to judge. I'm sure if he see the complete offer all will see terms and conditions on the offer that he failed to fullfill. :rolleyes:

Maybe Princess should mailed out less offers. .

This is a sensible suggestion.

Mostly, the offers are for upcoming bookings - and that is understandable from a selling point.

When Princess does offer OBCs, certificates, etc., is where the "exceptions" kick in, and you do have to read the fine print very carefully.

Some of the exclusions, as in the case of our AmEx card, are revealed so far down, and in such miniscule print that one is fortunate to ever find it. We had not seen the fine print on the AmEx offer until we pulled up the offer as presented by AmEx. The Princess offer was a verbal offer made to our TA on behalf of AmEx, then denied as stated in my previous post.

It truly is frustrating to have to be so diligent in researching even the most innocent offerings to be sure that you are actually going to receive what has been offered.

This takes a bit of the pleasure and trust out of dealing with a company, that is for sure- In our case to the tune of a $300 OBC.

Archived