Misinformed 3 Times by Princess Customer Service

crusingdave

I received a certificate in the mail good for a $200.00 gift card at Barnes and Noble. I went to my travel agent to make sure they would make the offer good after a cruise we went on in April. I was personally with her when a representative from Princess said the offer would be accepted - she even documented the name of the representative. She spoke with 2 supervisors one at Captain's Circle and one at Customer Service in June and July they both said I would get a gift card. I wrote a letter to customer service. They have denied the request for the gift card. May I quote "we apologize if you were misinformed by any our Reservations or Captain's Circle staff regarding your eligibility for this promotion. Unfortunately as per the information in our brochures and our Passenger Contract, we would be unable to protect verbal miscommunication and trust you will understand our position in this matter."

Needless to say I am cancelling a cruise we have scheduled in July with Princess. I work in customer service I do everything possible to keep a satisfied customer. It is really sad when you misinformed 3 times by supervisors.

Wow...They told you they would send it to you, then they wouldn't?

Yes, the whole "verbal miscommunication" line is exactly what I got after I was told THREE times that they honor price drops after booking, never bothering to explain "if you qualify" or "if it's not after final payment" or "if it's not a flash fare." I had zero reason to book my cruise early & only did so after this information...Well, the cruise (for 2) dropped about $700. They did give me a small on-board credit, but basically said, "We're not responsible for miscommunication." I interpret this as, "Our people don't have to have any idea what they're talking about and if you get screwed, gee....we're sorry, but not really." It's really a shame b/c I think they're overall a very good line.

Out of curiosity, what do you get the $200 gift card from Barnes & Noble for?

It was to book a new cruise - sent at random to captain's circle members. The travel agent still has the certificate in her file. It is sad when a person's word is not good. I am sure it was documented in the file.

RealDeal - I know for a cold hard fact that Royal Caribbean will honor price drops anytime after final payment - except for Happy Hour Specials (one day) and guarantee categories. Before final payment you can always cancel and rebook. We are diamond with Royal Caribbean and have received money back many times with price changes. My wife is over 55 and the senior rate is also honored for price decreases.

I received a certificate in the mail good for a $200.00 gift card at Barnes and Noble. I went to my travel agent to make sure they would make the offer good after a cruise we went on in April. I was personally with her when a representative from Princess said the offer would be accepted - she even documented the name of the representative. She spoke with 2 supervisors one at Captain's Circle and one at Customer Service in June and July they both said I would get a gift card. I wrote a letter to customer service. They have denied the request for the gift card. May I quote "we apologize if you were misinformed by any our Reservations or Captain's Circle staff regarding your eligibility for this promotion. Unfortunately as per the information in our brochures and our Passenger Contract, we would be unable to protect verbal miscommunication and trust you will understand our position in this matter."

Needless to say I am cancelling a cruise we have scheduled in July with Princess. I work in customer service I do everything possible to keep a satisfied customer. It is really sad when you misinformed 3 times by supervisors.

This is still a little confusing.

You received the certificate "after" the cruise??

If so, it only seems reasonable to believe that the certificate would apply to a future booking - not a past one.

A offer from Princess to book a cruise and receive a $200.00 Barnes and Noble gift card after completion of the cruise. In fact the first representative from Princess said the certificate would be delivered to us in our stateroom. This is the connection.

Sailaways - It was to book a cruise and after the cruise was completed I took in April, I would receive a gift card from Barnes and Noble. This was verified by 3 Princess Representatives I would receive it. Now they will not send it.

OK, you lost me again.

I guess I'll just keep on reading.....Obviously, the Princess Representatives understood this as well as I do.

Sorry, I'm not trying to start anything, I simply can not yet follow the scenario??

Very simple a certificate for a $200.00 gift card was spent to me to book a cruise. I booked a cruise within the correct time frame, took a cruise within the correct time frame, it was verified by 3 Princess Representatives that I would receive the gift card and now they won't send it. I don't know how else to explain this.

I see now, so Princess was running a promo where if you booked a cruise you'd get a $200 gift card for use at Barnes & Noble upon completion of your cruise. You and your TA called Princess and spoke to 3 different people who all told you that your booking was eligible for the promo and you would receive the gift card. You cruised, then Princess said "We're not giving you the gift card because you're not eligible." Is that about the gist of it? If so, yeah, I'd probably be mad too and I'd probably ask my TA to help me complain up the chain of command, but I also wouldn't expect to win the argument if Princess had sent me a letter saying they weren't going to give me the gift card.

Very simple a certificate for a $200.00 gift card was spent to me to book a cruise. I booked a cruise within the correct time frame, took a cruise within the correct time frame, it was verified by 3 Princess Representatives that I would receive the gift card and now they won't send it. I don't know how else to explain this.

Thanks. I would also be asking B&N about this type of promo and why they aren't helping you obtain a result.

Sorry, it's still a bit confusing. You received an offer of a $200 gift certificate if you booked a Princess Cruise. Then you went to your travel agent to confirm you'd get the certificate for a cruise you were taking in April. Did you actually book the April cruise at that time, or was the April cruise booked before you received the offer? The way your original post is worded, it sounds like you had already booked the April cruise, then received the offer for the B&N certificate, and then had your TA call to see if you would get the certificate for taking the April cruise. Is that correct?

If that is the case, I agree that Princess shouldn't have told you that you were eligible for the certificate... but I also think it's pretty obvious that Princess sends out these offers to get people to make new bookings, not reward people for bookings they've already made. It usually states in the offer that it is valid for new bookings only. I notice lots of complaints on these boards about cruise lines not extending their promotional offers or price reductions to people who have already booked and paid for their cruises.

Archived