Miami Parking

mildew

We'll be driving to Miami and have , in the past, parked at the cruise terminal for $12 per day. I understand that fee has risen to $15 per day which in my opinion is getting a little outrageuos. Does anybody have a suggestion as to alternate parking for the week ?

:confused:

Where did you get this info?

I asked at the Ports of Call Board and the resident expert there knows nothing of this increase.

I was planning on parking there for 10 days.....$120 is alot, but $150 is outrageous!

It did go up to $15.00 per day but I do not know of an alternative area to park that is near the port.

We'll be driving to Miami and have , in the past, parked at the cruise terminal for $12 per day. I understand that fee has risen to $15 per day which in my opinion is getting a little outrageuos. Does anybody have a suggestion as to alternate parking for the week ?

Help me out here, in an effort to provide accurate information to our fellow CC'ers can you provide a link to a web site or news article that states the Port of Miami rate was raised to $15. I just can't seem to find that information anywhere. Thanks in advance. Bequia :confused:

I agree that $15.00 per day is outrageous, but that's about what they charge at most airports--outrageous there, too! Unfortunately, when there's only 1 choice, what else can you do? Someone should buy up a parcel of land and start a shuttle service with cheaper rates!!!!

Help me out here, in an effort to provide accurate information to our fellow CC'ers can you provide a link to a web site or news article that states the Port of Miami rate was raised to $15. I just can't seem to find that information anywhere. Thanks in advance. Bequia :confused:

My sister just came off of the Navigator last week and the price was raised to $15.00 a day for parking. It was $105.00 to park for the week.

My sister just came off of the Navigator last week and the price was raised to $15.00 a day for parking. It was $105.00 to park for the week.

Sure wish they'd post it somewhere. Doesn't seem fair if all the web sites say $12 then you arrive and it's more. What's up with that?

Found it. It is posted on the Port of Miami web site just as Mafig posted, one page says $12 the other $15. Thanks for the heads up everyone.

/////

As I am from Cape Coral, about 2-3 hrs from Miami, we also drive to the port. Last time we went it was $12/day and now we realize it will be $15/day for our upcoming Liberty cruise. In addition, with the car they I have we will never be able to load 4 people with their luggagre in it, so my daughter will have to drive also with her friend. This parking will cost me $210 for the week. The flip side to this is, probably 75% or more of cruisers have to fly into Miami to cruise, so at least we don't have to pay for 4 airline tickets which I am sure would be a lot more than $210.00.

Just off of the Navigator today and it was $15 per day.

Also, we had little ants in the suv as we were driving home my husband would see them walking across the dash! Maybe just 10 or so... he has already had the shop vac in the car and washed it! I am sensitive to odors and when we opened up the car it smelled like bug spray. I wondered what went on at our car this week!:eek: LOL

The other alternative is to rent a car from your hometown (if you live in Florida) and drop it off

at the car rental and take their free shuttle to the cruise ship...sometimes you can get cars for $20, so that is only $40 round trip with the car rental....

:confused:

Be happy you are not in NYC where parrking hits as high as $50/day;)

While certainly not as convenient as parking at the port, there are some parking lots near MIA airport that provide a shuttle to and from the port. Here is one that I have used in the past, it is $7.50 per day, $45 per week.

http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpcbmmia.htm

Thanks KoolKruzer81... Seems there are not many places to get reasonably priced parking in Miami. Will check out your suugetion and hope someone else in Cruise Critic Land has some other ideas ..... :cool:

Is there a specific lot for Freedom of the Seas parking. The website says $15 per day but does not indicate where you park for Freedom specifically. There must be signs when you get to the port.

Thanks

Corrie

Is there a specific lot for Freedom of the Seas parking. The website says $15 per day but does not indicate where you park for Freedom specifically. There must be signs when you get to the port.

Thanks

Corrie

Everyone parks in the same place for Royal Caribbean. There will be signs to the parking garage. Very easy once you drop off your luggage.

Archived