Resort Casual

cruisemama5

Regarding dressing for dinner in the restaurants, is it okay for women to wear capri pants, or are they considered shorts? I understand I can wear a skirt, sundress, or long pants, but I wondered if anyone knew the policy regarding the capri length pants?:confused:

Thanks!

[/url]Dress Code in Dining Rooms

Freestyle Cruising gives our guests the freedom to dress as they please. Resort casual attire is always appropriate morning, noon and night. However, NCL/ NCLA does not allow any blue jeans, t-shirts, shorts, cut-offs, tank tops, bare feet, etc. in any of our fine dining restaurants for dinner, including all main restaurants, alternative restaurants, and cover charge venues.

Guests are allowed to wear blue jeans, shorts and t-shirts, in the evenings at the buffets, outdoor barbeques, and 24-hour venues, such as the Blue Lagoon, the Cadillac diner, etc.

Below are a few exceptions to the dining room dress code:

diamond_ding.gif

diamond_ding.gif

diamond_ding.gif

diamond_ding.gif

diamond_ding.gif

Dress Code in Dining Rooms

Freestyle Cruising gives our guests the freedom to dress as they please. Resort casual attire is always appropriate morning, noon and night. However, NCL/ NCLA does not allow any blue jeans, t-shirts, shorts, cut-offs, tank tops, bare feet, etc. in any of our fine dining restaurants for dinner, including all main restaurants, alternative restaurants, and cover charge venues.

Guests are allowed to wear blue jeans, shorts and t-shirts, in the evenings at the buffets, outdoor barbeques, and 24-hour venues, such as the Blue Lagoon, the Cadillac diner, etc.

Below are a few exceptions to the dining room dress code:

diamond_ding.gif

Blue Jeans will be allowed in all dining rooms on all Houston departures, due to the Texas culture.

diamond_ding.gif

Blue Jeans will be allowed in the Trattoria's in the evenings.

diamond_ding.gif

Bermuda shorts with knee high socks, or Scottish kilts with knee highs will also be allowed in all dining rooms in Bermuda as these are considered formal dress in Bermuda.

diamond_ding.gif

Hawaiian shirts are allowed with proper slacks in all dining rooms.

diamond_ding.gif

Ladies Capri Pants, which are a length between the knee and ankles, are acceptable in all fine dining rooms as long as they are not blue jean capris.

Thanks! I missed this explanation in my research. I really like these boards and the great help they are for peoples questions. Thanks again.

Shoreguy -- I hope you're still reading this thread. I'm just curious as to whether that dress code policy is still in place. It's the same thing that's in my travel documents, but in someways it contradicts the new advertising campaign. You know, the wear "whatever" phrase that's being used.

It doesn't really matter to me, as we'll continue to dress in the same manner that we did on the other 3 cruises, but as the new ads get more play it seems like they tend to really imply that almost anything goes. Any thought?

Shoreguy -- I hope you're still reading this thread. I'm just curious as to whether that dress code policy is still in place. It's the same thing that's in my travel documents, but in someways it contradicts the new advertising campaign. You know, the wear "whatever" phrase that's being used.

It doesn't really matter to me, as we'll continue to dress in the same manner that we did on the other 3 cruises, but as the new ads get more play it seems like they tend to really imply that almost anything goes. Any thought?

I know some people will disagree with me, but here goes - the "whatever" phrase in NCL's ads is not meant to be taken literally. It's just meant to make the point that NCL is different (less strict or less regimented than other lines). If a viewer paused and thought about it for a moment, he would realize that if "whatever" were meant literally, then he would be allowed to walk around nude. Common sense tells us that that can't be true. Taking the phrase literally is a mistake and I still don't believe most people will do so.

Nothing has changed and GM cars don't fly now even if they do in the new ads.

Johnql has it right "the "whatever" phrase in NCL's ads is not meant to be taken literally. It's just meant to make the point that NCL is different "

I can't believe how some folks are taking catchy phrases and turning them into new policy and on some threads false advertising. :mad:

Give people an inch and they will take a mile. Even before this new ad campaign we have heard of people pushing the limits on dress-code and behavior and not just on NCL. Let's see how things are after the ads have run full-course. I saw one of the new ads last night and it was attention-grabbing, definitely targeting a specific type of person/cruiser.

I don't know if any of you saw it, but one of the other cruise boards had an NCL banner ad at the top that was what made me wonder. It's not one of those things you can link to, so I may not make any sense here.

It had different drop-down boxes where you could select your activity, the time of day, who you wanted to spent it with, and what you wanted to dress in. The way it was configured, it had options of a swimming suit for dinner, or a formal, which is what made me wonder if they were actually considering changing the policy.

I still haven't seen any of the new ads, other than the banner one and one that there was a link to on cruisecritic a while back. Apparently they don't think that folks in Utah are interested in cruising :( .

I don't know if any of you saw it, but one of the other cruise boards had an NCL banner ad at the top that was what made me wonder. It's not one of those things you can link to, so I may not make any sense here.

It had different drop-down boxes where you could select your activity, the time of day, who you wanted to spent it with, and what you wanted to dress in. The way it was configured, it had options of a swimming suit for dinner, or a formal, which is what made me wonder if they were actually considering changing the policy.

I still haven't seen any of the new ads, other than the banner one and one that there was a link to on cruisecritic a while back. Apparently they don't think that folks in Utah are interested in cruising :( .

I just saw it - first ad of any kind I have seen since the launch.

Click a few choices like snorkeling in a tux - the final message no strict dress code.

Archived