Hump (bump) cabin on Jewel - best please

zelker

I have the choice of 7108, 7608, or 7594. Any opinions on which one to take. Balcony size is not the main criteria.... quiet is. Hope not to hear noise from elevators, Centrum, foot traffic. Thanks for any guidance since we've never sailed with RC.

I have the choice of 7108, 7608, or 7594. Any opinions on which one to take. Balcony size is not the main criteria.... quiet is. Hope not to hear noise from elevators, Centrum, foot traffic. Thanks for any guidance since we've never sailed with RC.

Based on your critieria I would say 7608. It isn't next to a triple cabin (possible noise) or an elevator area where people may congregate. Have stayed in 7600 and 7602 and they were wonderful. Have booked 7600 again for Alaska :D

You didn't mention where you were sailing so I don't know if port or starboard is a priority while sailing or in port...

Have a great trip!

Based on the Information given I would say any cabin is fine. Noise is not a criteria to my experience as the cabins on the Jewle are very good sound proofed. I´ve stayed in centrum cabins a coule of times on the Jewel and never had a problem. The centrum can be a noisy place because of music played down on deck 4. However as soon as you step into your cabin and close the door it´s quiet. My vote would be 7108 it has the biggest balcony and I wouldn´t expect any more or less noise in there than in the other cabins. The elevators next to the room are not relevant for this as there is room between the cabin wall and the elevator.

Same cabin on the other side 7608 has a considerable smaller balcony while noise would be comparable.

7594, same as 7608, maybe most quiet because elevators and stairs are not near this cabin, but as said before I wouldn´t expect noise from elevator and stairs.

BTW, none of those cabins is next too a triple cabin. 7108 is a triple cabin itself but all cabins next to those listed by you are doubles. while 7108 & 7608 have a handicapped cabin next too, don´t think that would involve any extra noise.

We were just on the Jewel in 7602, the center of the hump. We would book it again in a heartbeat. Great location and absolutely no noise. We were right over the champagne bar. Very convenient to just run down the stairs to get to the Schooner bar, the Safari Club, the shops, etc.

• 1 month later...

Archived