What is the best thing about Neptune Lounge?

SnorkelBear

IMHO the best feature is the staff.

A suite life is wonderful.. isnt that what we paid for..eh?

The welcome party is a nice social event and meetig fellow suiters...:cool:

The ms Noordam IV is miles above most ships too having a great crew.:D

We will be on the Noordam in 12 days. We are fortunate to have access to the Neptune Lounge. For those who have used the Lounge, what is the best feature/use of the Lounge? Is the coffee better than in the Lido?

Muchas Gracias

Most times the Capt. is there along with other officers and staff. No it isn`t usually formal, being held on the first night aboard. Sometimes it is held on the second day, usually around noon, so again will not be formal.........jean:cool:

For Us, the best thing(s) about the Neptune Lounge are the very helpful Concierges who handle all the pesky detail things we don't want to deal with while on vacation.

If any forms need to be completed...disembarkation info etc, they handle it for us. Any questions, they get the answers. Need a large currency bill changed; they do it for us. Want to send a note to a crew person; they have it delivered.

I love the coffee machine. Really, really like it. I like the snacks just about right outside our door. If I want a few carrot sticks, some raw veggies to munch, there they are.

I like the Welcome Aboard Cocktail Party. Enjoy renewing acquaintances with Officers with whom we have sailed before. I love the chance to ask the Captain or Hotel Manager a question that may have been on my mind.

I love the extra comforts and special treats we enjoy because of Neptune Lounge and the Concierges.

The little cream puff swans.

And the cucumber sandwiches.

No, wait. It's the little library with an extra dictionary and atlas, essential for getting the answers to the Daily Quiz done quickly without having to wait in line for the reference materials in the main library.

I am sooo looking forward to enjoying this particular amenity...but I have a question. I saw posted on another thread the hours of operation of the Neptune. Does this mean that it is only staffed during those hours? Would it be possible to get in at "off" times just to get a cup of tea, coffee, etc? Or is it not accessible at all? Thanks so much for any replies.

I am sooo looking forward to enjoying this particular amenity...but I have a question. I saw posted on another thread the hours of operation of the Neptune. Does this mean that it is only staffed during those hours? Would it be possible to get in at "off" times just to get a cup of tea, coffee, etc? Or is it not accessible at all? Thanks so much for any replies.

No, you can only get in during the posted hours. Sorry!

That's a 12+ hour day. The ladies need a little time off. :)

The Concierges take a very brief break at lunch time and hardly have a few minutes to themselves all day long.

One of the other ladies from the office covers while the 'principal' Concierge for the cruise takes her brief breaks.

I agree completely that the ladies need some time off...12 hours+ is a long day. I would be more than willing to serve myself a beverage if, by chance, we were able to access the Neptune after the staff was gone for the day. A trip up to the Lido will be in order then for those late night beverages. Thanks for the info.

I agree completely that the ladies need some time off...12 hours+ is a long day. I would be more than willing to serve myself a beverage if, by chance, we were able to access the Neptune after the staff was gone for the day. A trip up to the Lido will be in order then for those late night beverages. Thanks for the info.

Hi Mlascheid:

:) If I recall correctly, after the concierge staff leave in the evening, the waiters tidy away all the chinaware, cutlery, all the coffee/tea condiments and service items, and take away any remaining food items. Then the cleaning crew come in to vacuum, wipe down, etc. So the doors to the Neptune Lounge are locked after 8:30 pm. We love the Neptune Lounge, and you will too!

Karin

Would have to vote for the coffee machine and snacks. On the Volendam we were just 3 cabins up from the NL and it was really nice to go down there in the afternoon for a few fresh cookies and coffee. Used to set up a little service on our verandah for my wife and I....ohh...what great memories. :) The Volendam only has one person in the NL and for our cruise it was Regina. What a gem! We didn't ask her to do much but the couple things we needed help with she took care of wonderfully. She and her husband Reggie are two of our fondest memories of our Volendam cruise.

We will want to hire a driver with A/C van on tortola and grand turk. Are they able to help with that??

I do know they will make golf course arrangements but don't really know about this.

To my knowledge they do not have lists of contacts for each island especially drivers.

Go to the ports board for recommendations. :)

The Neptune Lounge........ ahhhh the wonderful memories of being pampered and spoiled!!!

Our favorites:

~being greeted by name each time one of our party of 7 entered (even the kiddo's - they thought this was so cool!)

~help with any shore excursion - even those not on the HAL list (our concierge arranged golf t-times and transportation from the dock)~chocolate covered strawberries (they were out of these one time, my 12 year old son asked when they would have more - within one hour Melanie knocked at our door with a heaping plate full of choc. covered strawberries for him - he was in love!)

~hot chocolate - yummy in Alaska! and funky chocolate chip cookies - they were fat and chunky with some kind of nut in them

~personal touch - our middle child had a birthday during the cruise and awoke to a fully decorated door complete with a banner & balloons on the morning of his birthday - compliments of the Neptune Lounge

We're going to miss them on our next cruise - we went with RCL so we could depart from Houston - hope we don't regret the exchange for convenience. They have a concierge lounge - but we haven't heard nearly as much chatter about it as we did the Neptune before we sailed.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy every moment while you make memories!!!

We will be on the Noordam in 12 days. We are fortunate to have access to the Neptune Lounge. For those who have used the Lounge, what is the best feature/use of the Lounge? Is the coffee better than in the Lido?

Muchas Gracias

I can't say anymore than what everyone else has said.

It is a true treat....:)

Muchas Gracias

I can't say anymore than what has been said.

It is a true treat...:)

The coffee machine, hands down. Given the choice between taking home my cabin steward or the Neptune coffee machine, the push-button capucino will always win. And, yes, it's much better than Lido coffee.

You have got me intrigued. Do you know who makes the coffee machine? Is it similar to the large WMF machines used in the Lido?

Archived