Pictures of Spirit Food?

212cruiser

Food preparation and presentation is a major interest of mine, especially in commercial and not restaurant settings. We will be sailing the Spirit on 11/30/06 which will be our first NCL cruise. Our experience with Celebrity food was good, having found Royal Caribbean food almost inedible. I have been able to find a few pictures of the food aboard the Spirit and it looked spectacular--way better than any food we were served on either of the 2 lines mentioned. I was wondering if board members could share their shots of the food they have had?

Thanks!

My avatar is from the Spirit. I thought it was so pretty, I took a picture, DH just rolled his eyes. Sorry, I didn't take any other pictures. I did find that presentation was consistently good on the Spirit, and we really enjoyed the food.

The attached photo album has several pictures of the food from the Spirit. It's quite impressive. Does it look familiar? Was the food on your voyage the same, better or different? Enjoy!

Great pictures! I especially like this one:

Back in New York

Fantastic looking couple, hope you don't mind me posting a direct link, but there is just something about pictures of people who are so obviously happy.

-Monte

212cruiser,

I viewed all of your photo's and thought they we just great. We are travelling to most of the ports as you had been to, so they were of great interest. I kow this might sound strange-but do you remember any of the prices of the services at the little hair salon you were in . As a hairstylist it always interests me. I can't even imagine what it would be like to work in that tiny little shop!! You look like you had a great time by the way.

When we were on the Spirit we were very impressed with the food...presentation as well as taste...on our first day we had made reservations for the specialty restauraunts...but after the 3rd night we ended up canceling the reservations because we felt like why pay extra when such yummy food was included!!!!

celebrity food was much better than spirit for the evening meal. However, the whole concept of freestyle dining is the point of Norwegian. Relax, and enjoy the whole ambience of the Nowegian experience. You can eat when you want, what you want. And the service wherever you eat was terrific.

That sounds almost like a guarded answer. Was the taste not equal with the presentation? Was it any different in the specialty restaurants? I realize that "taste" is quite subjective, yet I am interested in your impressions and opinion.

Didn't mean to sound guarded! We found the food very enjoyable in the dining rooms, from good to ver good and sometimes excellent. The specialty restaurants are a cut above. We absolutely love Le Bistro. The filet is wonderful, and if you want a treat with a great presentation, try the Fire Star combo, fun and delicious. And of course I never fail to mention the chocolate fondue for dessert:).

Great pictures.... High Mary, your neighbor from New Milford, Cathi. We leave for the Spirit Nov 19, love seeing pics of her I can't wait.

Hi Cathi,

Almost time for your trip, you must be so excited. I so wish I could be there too. Maybe one of these times we'll be there together. I hope you have a wonderful voyage and enjoy every minute on the beautiful Spirit!

judyf: you seem to have a good deal of experience with the Spirit. How representative are those pictures of the food, and its flavor? Any idea if the menu is changing in November?

Thanks.

I've only been on her once back in July but I found the food was great in the main dining rooms. I don't do the speciality restaurants as I don't eat much meat and find little I would eat at them.

There were many nights it was hard to choose what I wanted there were so many I liked.

I've been on other NCL ships and I found the food good and excellent on all of them.

There's so many choices if you don't enjoy one and IF you walk out hungry you can go somewhere else. That's what's so great with freestyle.

We love NCL food on the Dawn and Spirit. We love RCCL: food too. Did the Explorer of the Seas a few weeks back. Food was great on thet ship as well. I don't understand how some can say they can't eat the food. Guess we are very easy to please.

The food at Le Bistro (I believe that is what it is called) was amazing! We sailed the Spirit to Alaska a few years ago when she first came over from the Asian market. We are set to sail her on the same cruise as you--the 11/30 10-day and are going to make reservations for Bistro as well as the Teppenyaki specialty restaraunt right away. (the teppenyaki only has like 12 seats per dinner and we waited too long last time to get to go).

At Bistro I know my husband had lobster tails and filet--and everything was just fabulous!

Archived