Smell on Triumph?

Donnask8pro

I can't speak for now but when I was on the Triumph in May of this year I did not smell anything & I am usually always aware of smells, in fact at home I drive people crazy with always asking if they smell things. Also we had a great time the entire staff at the time was wonderful, food was good to very good at dinner. I don't know about the buffet at dinner time as I never ate there. For lunch we used the Deli & Asian food which was excellent. Late night we had pizza which was O.K. but we are from Philly & have great pizza here so in all honesty it's not fair to compare it to our pizza. The entertainment that I went to was very good except for the late night adult show, I feel asleep on the guy...boring ! JMO

As for the ports we had a great time in Cozumel, would never get off the ship again in Ochos Rios & Grand Caymen was cancelled due to bad weather, could not tender. But we all had a great time on the cruise & as you can see I am scheduled to go again on 2 more cruises. Hope this helps & go with an open mind, take all you read with a grain of salt ( my opinion too ) and have a great cruise. P.S. how was the Miracle ??? We go in May 07 :D

I've realized after the cruise I just took that there were smells here and there and that reminded me of noticing odors on other cruises. Triumph as well. For me, I simply recall noticing.. "hmn, that smells funky" and off we went. Nothing that ever lingered anywhere long enough for me to say... stay away from here it smells awful.

I've always thought that with so many people, sanitation, food service and enclosed areas... it's bound to happen. I think it's inevitable to find an odd odor here or there. Hopefully you won't experience foul odors that linger:eek:, I've not found that myself.

I always take a Renuzit Solid (industrial strength) air freshener with me for the bathroom. While there should never be any odor, "marine plumbing" can get tricky sometimes. If you encounter an odor, ask your cabin steward to call maintenance and have them look at the "plumbing". I have read (hearsay only) that there may be some kind of "trap" that can hold odors.

From what I've read here, this is occasionally a problem on all ships. As a previous poster said, the plumbing on ships can be "tricky." Be sure to keep the toilet lid down in your bathroom and let your cabin steward know if you have a problem. We had a sewer odor in our cabin a couple of times on the Pride but it went away. Never noticed an odor in our cabin on the Miracle but I think I remember noticing it near a public bathroom a couple of times.

There sure was a sewer odor towards the front left side of the ship particualrly by the shore desk and in the rome lounge, it must have ben int he water uz one day we got becah towels that didnt smell oh to good but it wasnt horrid, just unpleasent, i cant imaigne having to be in a cabin by it tho

When we were on the Conquest last year there was an odor. We first noticed it in the bedding. Then it was very strong in the dining rooms. When we smelt in when the deck was being mopped we discovered what we were smelling was something they wash and clean with. It really stunk.

While I've noticed the smell on other ships from time to time, I did not notice a bit of it on the Triumph last December. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't notice it next March when we're back on her. I hope they can get it under control.

We were on the upper deck last Feb and we noticed a smell when we would walk by where the room service galley was. about midship on the even side of the ship :D But the rooms were fine just that one area.

Enjoy we had a blast on the Triumph:D

When we were researching for our Glory cruise I read so many negative things about it that I almost switched ships. Very glad I didn't. Now the same thing is happening with the Triumph. But.....I go with a great attitude and do not look for anything negative so will hopefully have as great a time on Triumph as we did on the Glory. True, the smell thing would be annoying, but as long as it is not in my cabin I think we will be ok.

I just got off the triumph from the 10/14 - 10/21 sailing and, personally, the smell was horrible at times. The stench was like sewer water/idle gross ocean water. The majority of the ship was fine, but it was especially potent on deck 1 as you walked to and from the cabins. A couple floors had it near the elevators. One day the smell was clearly pumping out of my AC (i was on deck 1) which was the worst.. and mid cruise to almost the end, the smell was in the bath towels. I also noticed it being quite strong in the Rome Lounge..

Most of the time it was bearable but annoying. Sometimes you would see people with their shirt pulled up over their nose or a towel over their face.. it was that bad at times.

When we sailed Triumph in Dec 2003 there was a very strong smell of urine in our hallway. We, along with others on that cruise that contacted Carnival after returning were given a future cruise discount.

I also think it is a problem with all ships. On the Conquest we sometimes smelled a sewer like smell in the hallway on the Riviera deck. It was not constant. No problems with odors in the cabin though. I bring along a can of Ozium as it is an odor neutralizer. It is good for any odors even those normally occurring bathroom odors;) . Very good when you have several sharing a cabin. I found a small can in Wal-Mart in the auto air freshener section.

Archived