How long will it take to get off Vision?

To anyone who has been on vision: I have a cruised booked on vision for 1/7/07. How long will it take to get off the ship? I have a flight home at 12:15 and the shuttle will be at the port to pick us up at 8:30-8:55am, do you think that is enough time to disembark and make it to the airport? And do we actually start to disembark at 7am? I'm am a little confused because of all the passport stuff. If RCCL requires you to have one then it will take forever to get off right? :confused: :confused:

I have been on 2 cruises previously and disembarkation was a breeze, it took about 30 minutes and we didn't have passports. We will this time though.

If you can handle all of your luggage yourself, Vision offers an early disembarkation program where you disembark first, even before the priority tags. But you do have to carry everything off yourself.

As CB said, the passports won't make any difference, although I thought that for Mexico you still didn't need them. In any event, passports and birth certificates are in the same line - all US citizens & green card holders go in one line now (at least they do on Monarch and it's the same terminal).

On a Sunday morning, the traffic to the airport shouldn't be too heavy, so you're looking at about 45-50 minutes from the port to your terminal. Barring any unforeseen problems, you should be fine. But there are, of course, no guarantees!

If you can handle all of your luggage yourself, Vision offers an early disembarkation program where you disembark first, even before the priority tags. But you do have to carry everything off yourself.

As CB said, the passports won't make any difference, although I thought that for Mexico you still didn't need them. In any event, passports and birth certificates are in the same line - all US citizens & green card holders go in one line now (at least they do on Monarch and it's the same terminal).

On a Sunday morning, the traffic to the airport shouldn't be too heavy, so you're looking at about 45-50 minutes from the port to your terminal. Barring any unforeseen problems, you should be fine. But there are, of course, no guarantees!

As for passports, I guess it's a matter of opinion as to if it will speed things up or not. Since we've had our passports we've found that the passport line has moved faster than the line for BC's. However, as more people get passports, this might not be as big a deal.

As for getting off any ship early, IMO, it just depends. If there are no problems getting the ship cleared then there should be no problems making your shuttle and flight times. However, things can and do go wrong or get delayed.

We've missed one flight thanks to a fisherman's strike in Spain and, our last sailing on Vision, debarkation seemed to take longer to get started than on other sailings. I should have paid closer attention to the time but, is seemed as though they didn't get started until around 08:30 to 09:00. After they called the first group, there was a long delay before a second group was called. I got a little impatient and looked out the window (we were in the dining room private departure lounge) and didn't see anyone moving off the ship. I'm not sure what caused any possible delay but it wasn't as quick as it normally seems to be.

So, under normal circumstances you should be fine. The good news is we aren't on your ship. That's good news because odd travel issues seem to follow us from vacation to vacation. It's almost like a curse or something. ;)

We just got off the Vision last month and had no issues.

Disembark generally starts at about 8:00 am...7:00 am is when you arrive in port.

For our cruise we were off the ship and had our luggage by 9:00 am (we didn't have to go through customs as this was the repositioning cruise and came from Alaska)

Just let the ship know you have an early pick-up, and they should be able to accomidate you.

Enjoy...she's a great ship!!!

Archived