Concierge Class on Millennium (Summit)

Amor de Madre

Good morning to all. I have recervations for a 14 days cruise on the Summit to Hawaii. I'm recerved in a 2B with Balcony stateroom (7153 - Vista Deck) and I was wondering if the extra money for a Concierge Class stateroom was worth the extra expense for the added amenities that are provided in these staterooms.

Thanks in advance for your help.

We were on the Summit to Alaska (Panaroma-8049) in CC in Sept. It was nice, but not sure it was really worth the extra money. I mean how thick do you want the robe to be? Flowers, bath amenities, or'derves in the aft were really wasted but nice on a couple of days. Would I do it again? Only if the price and cabin was right. Priority tendering was only used one day and it definately was a plus.

The CC staterooms are larger than the standard balcony rooms (191 sq.ft. vs 170 sq. ft.). The sofa is larger and there is more room for storage...we have always booked Concierge Class because we like the exta amenties and larger rooms on 14 night cruises. I think it was an extra $200-$400 and to us well worth it. On the other hand my sister and her husband were perfectly happy with their standard balcony. I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise whatever you decide.

cabins are larger & there's more shelf & storage space--the daily treats are nice & priority tender servce is also a big plus--but depends on the cost & your situation & the itin--if port intensive might not need the bigger space etc...---we like the best cabin we can afford get but sometimes settle for something smaller to do other things on the trip! must haves are a balcony & midships!

I see this question often. Unfortunately there is no way to universally answer this question. It all depends on your personal income level and financial resources, and what you personally value. We've generally felt that CC rooms are worthwhile, except for our next cruise (tomorrow!) where we got a bargain on a veranda guarantee as a last minute deal.

There are some people on these boards who wouldn't think twice about reserving a Penthouse Suite at full pricing and think it is a great room at a great price, and others who can't understand why anyone would shell out more than the price of an inside cabin. it is a personal decision.

My suggestion is that if the price difference isn't that big a deal to you - then go for it. If it means that you'll have to cut back on other expenses on your cruise, or other important things in life, then don't.

Just returned from our first CC experience. We liked it well enough that we will book that level again. (Today) It is worth the little extra to have a little more room, a little extra amenities, and most of all a Concierge to solve those little problems that arise during the cruise.

Again, Different strokes for different folks.

Good morning to all. I have recervations for a 14 days cruise on the Summit to Hawaii. I'm recerved in a 2B with Balcony stateroom (7153 - Vista Deck) and I was wondering if the extra money for a Concierge Class stateroom was worth the extra expense for the added amenities that are provided in these staterooms.

Thanks in advance for your help.

We booked the Summit in feb. for the 14 day Panama Canal cruise. When i asked our TA for a balcony, she quoted us a price, then she quoted me the price for an aft balcony, CC. The price difference was only $150/ person. For us that was an easy "no brainer". a As stated, it all depends on what you can afford. By all means, if it is do able, I say enjoy the little perks. But,

I never really missed it when i didnt have it.

Have a wonderful cruise

Nadine

I agree with the others that CC class is worth the extra money. We have booked it several times. What no one has yet to mention is tendering. You get prioity service. No waiting in lines to tender. This itself is a major benifit if you are at a tender port.

• 2 weeks later...

After four cruises in Concierge Class cabins we just returned from a cruise in a “2C” cabin on the Constellation, taking advantage of a great last minute veranda guarantee fare that was substantially less then what a Concierge Cabin would have cost us for this cruise. Overall we were happy with the cabin and didn’t miss the CC class cabin and amenities too much – but enough to continue to book CC class in the future if the price difference is just the 10% or so we’ve found in the past and maybe a little more if we could snag an aft CC cabin. If the price difference was significantly more than that, as it was this past cruise, we wouldn't hesitate to book a 2C cabin again.

While the 2C cabin was just fine we did miss the extra space, even though it isn't much, particularly the small amount of additional counter space, and nicer veranda furniture found in the CC rooms and the minor improvements in linens and other amenities. Our steward did bring us feather pillows and a mattress waffle topper without question when we requested them. We were also fortunate enough to get assigned to cabin 6030 which is one of the forward rooms which have veranda’s about twice the normal size. The extra space was nice and the veranda was bigger than a standard CC room veranda, although didn't have the larger table and nicer chairs - which wasn't a big deal for this cruise.

Ms. Madre,

I agree, it really depends on the price. Some cruises will sell the CC for $100 more but on the Transatlantic we are doing 11-24, they want $1200 more per person above a 172 sq/ft veranda. I like the 192 sq/ft CC but not that much.

It pays to shop and what I really like about RCL/CELEBRITY is they will credit back on any change in price.This policy really rewards those who book early because you get the room you like but also get the better price if the ship does not fill up as they like.

Ms. Madre,

I agree, it really depends on the price. Some cruises will sell the CC for $100 more but on the Transatlantic we are doing 11-24, they want $1200 more per person above a 172 sq/ft veranda. I like the 192 sq/ft CC but not that much.

It pays to shop and what I really like about RCL/CELEBRITY is they will credit back on any change in price.This policy really rewards those who book early because you get the room you like but also get the better price if the ship does not fill up as they like.

Having just done the 2c - I agree with you. I don't think a CC room would be worth $1200 PP more. On most cruise I've seen the difference is around 10% plus or minus a little. For that I'd do it, but not as much as $1,200. On our last cruise the difference was huge as they had a great last minute special on a Veranda guarantee. It worked out great and our 2c was just fine.

Archived