XSNOBS...say it to Jack!!

Danno

Ditto, welcome aboard,,I hope we don't disappoint you either, sometimes we get a little carried away,,,but that's okay all for information and fun....Enjoy your cruise, you will love it and be hooked on X like the rest of us..:)

Pairodocs,

I feel exactly like you. This is our first cruise ever. Like you, I booked it for the itinerary. It's to celebrate our 25th anniversary. One of the stops is Malta. That is where we got engaged so long ago.

When I started looking at the boards I just got more and more excited. I feel like I did a good thing and I didn't even know I was doing it. The board has been a wonderful source of information. We had no idea what to expect on a cruise when I booked it.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Also, it would help to find and early published order of evening dress in order to help plan one's activities.
They do tell you the night before, on board. :)

They also publish the full cruise itinerary and dress code for the each night in the first issue of Celebrity Today (new name for the dailies) that is in your stateroom when you board.

I emailed Jack last night with positive comments.

We love Celebrity and have not found anything to dislike.

I think what has made it our cruiseline of choice is the staff. The cabin attendants, waiters, asst waiters and all of the scores of others have made us feel at home on a Celebrity ship. I would want Jack to know how important the employees are in making a cruise wonderful. And how they remember the names of so many passengers is beyond me. Find it fascinating to have so many nationalities on board and humbling that the only language we speak is English.

The only thing that bothers us is the day we have to leave the ship.:(

We sailed the Century on our first cruise this past January and we loved everything about her. The staff, the Martinis, the food, the Martinis, the service, the Martinis, etc....Hiccup! :D

Honestly it was the best vacation we have ever taken, and we're aboard again next January. Thanks Celebrity! :D :D :D

Oh I am laughing with Cleveland Hts & Martinis, gives me a whole new look at the East Side of town, but a great cruise & that's all that counts. We are counting down at 50 days to go with an upgrade surprise emailed to us yesterday...

Personally I've never had a martini but I am reading about chocolate ones? So I may do a try or a sip of the $5 tasting. My DH likes a good one.

I think if you look at the "news sheet" in your cabin the day of embarkation you will find a section re the dress for every night of the cruise. I always save this section , and I often make a small note at the side re which dress I have in mind for which fuction or day.

I loved not having to: a) say "no thank you" every 5 minutes to someone wanting to sell me something. (like a drink)

b) say "no thanks" every 5 minutes to someone wanting to sell me something (like a drink)

c) say "no" every 5 minutes to someone wanting to sell me something (like a drink)

d) make a sign to hang around my neck reading "don't want a drink, thanks"

Our first cruise will be on the Summit 9/10 and we booked it with no experience other then the TV commercials and our TA recomindations for what we wanted out of a cruise... It sounds like we will feel just the way we had hoped when we disembark, but did we make a mistake by going with a RS for our first cruise?

Kevin

Personally I've never had a martini but I am reading about chocolate ones? So I may do a try or a sip of the $5 tasting. My DH likes a good one.

You might also want to try a peach one. They're yummy!

Garry

Doubtful as they are 4 oz. martinis. I know I was starting to have a little trouble after the second one....:D

Thanks Garry, Got it noted with the chocolate one too. Now will I know my name after one?

Even though it embarrasses Garry, sometimes I just can't help myself when a waitperson says "Hi, my name is Perky if you need anything". The response I love to throw back at them is "That's good to know. What is your name if we don't need anything?"

Bob

Naw, there is still the elusive penthouse suite! But u luv X, right?

Sorry, I can't see that high! :D

Saw one was left on the Connie, July 31 cruise.......X price.......$15,000. :eek:

Absolutly love Celebrity...waiting for the Hawaii, 2006 postings....will book! :D

I just loved the butler service during my May 1st sailing on the Century. What a wonderful luxury - my sister and I now feel we just cannot sail in anything but a suite (especially our sky suite on the Sports Deck). Our butler, Richard, took such good care of us. He knew each of us had knee replacement surgeries on both knees last year and needed a cane to combat the sway of the ship. On the last night, Richard came in (without our asking) and took our luggage out to the hall and told us he would be back early on disembarkation day to assist us. He arrived the next morning, took all our carry-on pieces (including two boxes containing five liters of liquor each) and walked us all the way down to the luggage pick-up area. They even stopped the line of passengers disembarking to let us through. Now that's great service and Celebrity won our love and loyallty for the future. We wouldn't consider traveling on any other line.

Carol

I did not have butler service on my recent Constellation cruise -- I was parked down in the low rent district.

but I did have knee replacement surgery,and I do use a cane.

And guess what! My cabin attendant, bless his heart, did the same thing for me. He helped me close up my bags, put them out in the hall for me the night before. Then the next morning, at time to disembark, he lugged my heavy carryon all the way to the theater where those of us awaiting independent disembarkation were to congregate.

And then, when it was time to leave the ship, he sent a young man back up there to carry my carry-on and get it down to the dock.

You don't have to have butler service to get great service. Even we peons got it.

love

joan

Danno

It's really hard to disappoint us. I'm just afraid that with all the stuff you guys are posting, I may not want to come home. Good for me, bad for my patients. My wife notes that the other reason we chose Celebrity is that, being a hometown actress, she would love to have a bathrobe that says "Celebrity" on it. About six week to go and we're really looking forward to our trip. May have to go sit in small boat in the pool just as an appetiser for the trip. Sort of set my mind straight. Only problem there is that my wife refused to peel grapes for me.

Archived