How do I post a photo?

Sunshine91

Some of you may have noticed that I don't include photos of things in my own closet. It's because I don't know how. :o

I've just recently figured out how to include a link in a post so figure it's time to graduate to photos.

Host Star suggested I start a thread to ask for instructions. I need them to be quite detailed. Step-by-step in easy to understand language.

Hoya provided some directions on another thread. I tried & failed. :p

My pix are stored on my laptop. I'm not comfortable with my personal pix wandering about in cyperspace so don't have a personal webpage & don't store any photos on the 'net. I figure a dress I bought on eBay, pictured on a model, is not very personal.

I tried to attach a couple of photos, but got an error message saying the pic was too large. :confused: How do I make it smaller?

Thanks ladies. CCers are the best!

help isn't forthcoming as quick as I thought it would so I've sent an email to Host Kat who does our 'help with the boards' to see if she'll stop by and give some instructions..

The photo uploader tool on this site does not allow very large photos, the physical size of the photo or the file size in bytes. You will have to use a photo editing tool, i.e. Adobe photoshop or MS photo editor, etc. in order to get the picture to be the right size. When you go to save the file after you are done working with it there should be an option to make the file size smaller. I use Adobe and there are several different levels you can save with. For example, "Maximum" setting would have the best quality picture (visibly), but the biggest file "size".

I usually don't like to take the trouble to manipulate my photos to death and attempt to upload them to a forum. I have my own webspace that I can use to upload photos to and link from. That works out better for me.

Do you have anyone who can show you how to use photo editing software?

It's me again! :D

When you reply to a post you can scroll down and see that under "additional options" there is a box to "attach files". When you click on "manage attachments" there is a box that pops up to show you just what files can be attached and how large they can be:

Attachment Key

Filetype Max Filesize Max Width Max Height

bmp 19.5 KB 620 280

doc 19.5 KB--

gif 19.5 KB 620 280

jpe 19.5 KB 620 280

jpeg 19.5 KB 620 280

jpg 97.7 KB 620 280

pdf 19.5 KB--

png 19.5 KB 620 280

psd 19.5 KB 620 280

txt 19.5 KB--

Your best chance of uploading a photo is if it is saved in "jpg" format, since you are allowed 97.7kb of space. Just remember a "jpg" can only be a max PHYSICAL size of 620 X 280. You have to conform to both the file size and the width/height restrictions.

The photo uploader tool on this site does not allow very large photos, the physical size of the photo or the file size in bytes. You will have to use a photo editing tool, i.e. Adobe photoshop or MS photo editor, etc. in order to get the picture to be the right size.

Do you have anyone who can show you how to use photo editing software?

If you don't have photo editing software, you might be able to use something as simple as MS Paint (which is already on most computers).

Just open the picture file using Paint. Select Image and Stretch/Skew. Then reduce it to 75% or 50% of its size by entering that amount in the 2 "Stretch" boxes. Depending on the size of the picture, you may need to reduce it further than that.

Here's another option. Right click on the picture, click copy, click in the body of your message, right click again and then on paste. It's super easy.

Which works when the photos are already hosted on the web...but in the OP's case, she states the photos are on her laptop.

Please excuse my delay in getting over here to y'all. My "real" life has interfered with my "board" life. Have been running around getting a costume ready for a 100th Birthday Party tonight. The party is for a friend's house! Guests are to be dressed in any theme from 1905 forward. Since I was busy with sort of something to do with "fashions", I do hope y'all will forgive me!

I see lots of folks have posted lots of information about pictures on this thread. 082502btw_prv.gif, I am not a 'puter-techie-type of person, just a friendly soul that tries to help as best I can. Others know far more than I do about this sort of thing.

It appears the main problem is re-sizing pictures. For me, I downloaded the free Photo Gadget from http://www.xemico.com/photogadget/ and use it to re-size pictures once they are in My Pictures on my computer. Photo Gadget is fairly easy to download and use. The picture is then ready to upload from your computer in the correct size for Cruise Critic since you can customize the size.

Also, if you feel the need to test your picture attachment, signature, custom avatar, or anything else here on the board, please use the TEST FORUM.

I hope this information will be satisfactory. For anything else regarding how to use the Cruise Critic software, please feel free to research the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum using the Search this Forum feature there. Most questions have probably been asked and answered there many times before, so just use the key word or words you think someone would have used before. A list of the various threads containing the key word or words should appear. But if not, please feel free to post your inquiry on the forum and I will try to help you. Or, you can click Contact Us in the yellow bar below for the instructions and e-mail addresses regarding how to contact Cruise Critic about the various topics listed there.

Wishing everyone lots of 080402gudl_prv.gif with their pictures and sincerely hope I have been able to help. If not, please let me know.

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

Archived