Non converting twins on QM2

bonni99

Hi

Have just completed my voyage personaliser and noticed under our itinerary that our room is listed as a non converting twin- has anyone else had experience of this on the Qm2- my partner and I would prefer to have a double- but booked the cabin 5025 as we had the room next door on a previous voyage and liked the location- it is a D6- interior.

Thanks for any help/advice!

Bonni99

Hi Bonni, noticed the same on ours, just rang Cunard and they altered it to a Queen straightaway.

Sue.

Sue - did you book directly through Cunard or through a TA? I just noticed that ours is twins and Cunard told me that our TA has to phone the change in. Sounds mighty stupid to go through many channels just for something simple like that.

David

I just noticed that ours is twins and Cunard told me that our TA has to phone the change in. Sounds mighty stupid to go through many channels just for something simple like that.

David - we were booked through a TA in May. We had twin beds and wanted a double. We called Cunard and they changed it straight away.

Strictly speaking all communication should be via tour agent, however Cunard don't normally bother if it's a simple request. I suspect that a lot depends on who you speak to at Cunard. Try calling again and hope that you get someone different.

BTW - I thought that non-converting twins on the QM2 were because the room was equipped for people in wheelchairs.

My room isn't showing up on any of the plans as a wheelchair accessible room. I just thinking that they just didn't realize we were "together". I must admit I never made any special requests last year on my HAL cruise and they automatically converted the bedding to a queen. I suppose sometimes we just have to specify.

I'll call back and see if I get luck with either the TA or Cunard.

David

We've just come back from a fabulous TA - more about that later. We had two twin rooms, next to each other, as we were travelling with children. However, we put the children in one room and asked our steward to change our bed configuration, which he did willingly. The bed became a super-kingsized - and very comfortable.

We're booked in a c-5 on qm2 for the Jan 6th 4 nighter. They told us the bottom 2 are non-converting, too. From what I've seen on other cruise lines, non converting doesn't mean they are bolted to the floor. We'll need one of the uppers pulled out for our 3rd adult, but I don't see why the bottom 2 can't be put together. If they won't do it, I think we might do it ourselves when we get into the cabin. I figure the cabin steward won't say anything for fear of a lower tip. :rolleyes:

Archived