Has anyone heard from Capt. Card lately?

Joanandjoe

We haven't seen any recent posts from Capt. Steven Card, AKA Prinsendam. We know that several CC members keep in touch with him. Has anyone heard from him lately? When will he be cruising again?

Hi Guys!!!!!

If you had been listening about 30 minutes ago you would have heard me screaming.:eek:

I have just returned to Sydney after nine months abroad. Disembarked from STATENDAM yesterday in Auckland and this morning I wrote a three page epic in response to some of the very negative comments made about the STATENDAM on her Pacific crossing. I hit the SEND key and the message disappeared.:mad:

Anyhow, I've now had a cup of tea and I will make another attempt.

Stephen

... I wrote a three page epic in response to some of the very negative comments made about the STATENDAM on her Pacific crossing.
Wonderful! I found it strange that the ship could be in as bad a shape as the report indicated. I'll look forward to your views.

Welcome Back, Stephen.

It must be good to be home.

We've missed you....hardly heard a peep out of you but for a word here and there.

Robert just walked by and asked me to send you his best regards.

Welcome back, Stephen. We hope that, unlike the poster who had a bad experience, you had a great one.

When you're less tired, write your comments on a word processor such as "Word", the paste it onto CC. If you go off into cyberspace, you can try again without losing anything. We use this method for reviews and other lengthy posts.

On our 11/25 Noordam cruise, your wonderful work will be featured prominantly. One group on the ship will even get copies of one or more of your lithos.

Capt. Card, Glad to hear you are home. I always look forward to walking down the forward staircase to view your art work. Some day I hope to buy an original to hang in my home. I look forward to your review. I always feel that everyone has room for improvement and HAL is no exception. HAL is our preferred line and I always want them to excel and prosper -- constructive criticism is a good thing. --- though the thing I can never criticise is the crew, who have always done a fantastic job.

Hi Guys!!!!!

If you had been listening about 30 minutes ago you would have heard me screaming.:eek:

I have just returned to Sydney after nine months abroad. Disembarked from STATENDAM yesterday in Auckland and this morning I wrote a three page epic in response to some of the very negative comments made about the STATENDAM on her Pacific crossing. I hit the SEND key and the message disappeared.:mad:

Anyhow, I've now had a cup of tea and I will make another attempt.

Stephen

Oh Captain My Captain!!! Good to "see" you again.

I'm echoing Brian ... so ... in your experience and opinion the Statendam isn't a floating garbage scow, unlike what has been expressed elsewhere on this board? I look forward to reading your remarks.

I have just returned to Sydney after nine months abroad.

Hi Stephen!

That must have been some scream, for us in the US to hear it all the way from Sydney! :D

Wow, 9 months abroad. Did everything at home still look the same? Were you & Mrs. onboard all that time? I don't know if John & I would still be married if we had to live in a ship's cabin for that long, even if in a larger stateroom like a suite. :eek:

Now that you're home, hope to see you posting more. Always enjoy reading you.

Oh, and instead of a cuppa tea, perhaps a ginger beer? :)

Archived