convertors for viking

debbie p

Am going on the Viking Grand European trip and would like to know what kind of convertor I'll need. Need it primarily for my blow dryer (yes, I know they have them in the cabins, but like my own) and to charge the batteries for my camera.

Thanks

debbie p,

I´d suggest to get a travel hair dryer which can be switched to 230V. Hair dryers do use a lot of wattage and therefore you´ll need a powerful converter which can be quite heavy (not regarding the costs). It doesn´t make much sense to carry two devices instead of one. Travel devices usually come with multi country adapters for the plugs.

Regarding battery chargers: Check the tiny label on your devices. Usually battery chargers do operate on 110 and 230V (at the least the ones for a cell phone or for a digital camera, might be different if you got a charger where you have to put in the batteries). I have a cell phone charger right in front of me and the label says "INPUT: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz 0.2A" meaning it works in the US and Germany :) .

All cruise ships do have European (German) plugs and work on 230V.

steamboats

Am going on the Viking Grand European trip and would like to know what kind of convertor I'll need. Need it primarily for my blow dryer (yes, I know they have them in the cabins, but like my own) and to charge the batteries for my camera.Thanks

We just got home last night from both the Viking Spirit and the Viking Pride on the Grand Europena trip. Our battery chargers work on both US and European currents and we had no trouble charging them on the ships. You do need an adaptor that will fit into a recessed round hole.

Didn't try the hair dryer.

Archived