Breakfast and Lunch served in main dining?

pugsbest

I am planning my first Royal Caribbean cruise and had a question. We prefer to sit down in the dining room and order our meals off menus as opposed to buffets. Is the main dining room open for all meals or just dinner?

I am planning my first Royal Caribbean cruise and had a question. We prefer to sit down in the dining room and order our meals off menus as opposed to buffets. Is the main dining room open for all meals or just dinner?

We've been discussing this very thing on another thread. The dining room is open for breakfast and dinner every day but is open for lunch only on sea days.

Hi Julie

YES, you can go to the dining room for breakfast and lunch. Seating is unassigned and they will seat you at the next available table. The menu is Ok, not extensive with many daily specials and options.

I only had used this option twice and found it ot be a little slow. However, if relaxing is what you are looking for, it might be just perfect. It is a lot less hectic than the Windjammer buffet at these meal times.

Have a great Cruise.

Dave

Hi Julie

YES, you can go to the dining room for breakfast and lunch. Seating is unassigned and they will seat you at the next available table. The menu is Ok, not extensive with many daily specials and options.

I only had used this option twice and found it ot be a little slow. However, if relaxing is what you are looking for, it might be just perfect. It is a lot less hectic than the Windjammer buffet at these meal times.

Have a great Cruise.

Dave

I avoid "hectic" by not going at peak times!

With my kids, I prefer lunch in the Windjammer. With other company ;), I prefer the dining room. (P.S., my kids aren't "kids" - they are 18 & 20 now)

During Grandeur cruise, as said before by others on this thread, all breakfasts and dinners were available in the DR, lunches only on sea days. My wife and I only eat dinners in the DR, greater variety in my opinion in the buffet.

I just returned from a 4-night on Sovereign of the Seas. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was served in the dining rooms everyday, with the exception of the day we were in Nassau. On that day, Lunch was served only in the Windjammer. Only one of the two dining rooms is open for breakfast and lunch and it is open seating - always plenty of room.

If you look on RCI's website, there is a compass listed for viewing It states that the dining room in only open for breakfast & dinner.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/CruiseCompass.pdf

Could you tell me how you got that link for the Compass? It's from Royal's website? I'm looking for one for the Enchantment stopping at Belize. Thanks.

Archived