ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

Hey Jim and Bill,

Yes, I believe we did meet. Bob & I stopped by your room to introduce ourselves, and I believe it was you, Jim, who greeted us in your bathrobe (you had been taking a power nap). Then we saw you at the Diva Dance. I still can't imagine what it is going to be like with so many people on board...it was crazy enough with 1800 passengers!

I guess there is no reason to bring out our loin clothes from last year's cruise, but surely we can put our new sarongs to good use. :) That's one "costume" that never takes up much space in the suitcase!

Tim and Rick - I have been pining to go up to Asheville, but it has not worked out yet. Actually, ever since I first saw the Peter Sellars movie "Being There" I have wanted to visit the Biltmore estate. I'm also very much into scenic drives and have heard great things about the Blue Ridge Parkway. One of these days. :) I've driven through every state in the US, except for the Carolina's...and North Dakota.

Jim and Bill - good to see you again. I was just hoping we would have our daily schedule by now. Last year by this time, we already knew when all the major events of the week were going to be...once we have that, I figure we can plan a get together that doesn't conflict with something major. I'm thinking they'll have the first major tea that first full sea day...so maybe before that if that's how it works out.. or drinks before dinner if there's no afternoon party. The CB deck plans say Skywalkers is on deck 19...so I guess with the below the waterline decks, it is 17 decks above the ocean? Nice view :)

We're leaning towards a St Maarten Orient Beach excursion if RSVP does a special one. (Although I might leave Ralph on shore and do the America's Cup race :) ) On St Thomas, since we dock in Crown Bay, there's a ferry that takes you out to Water Island, which is pretty much just for beaching or hiking...that's a thought... There's also those BOSS (formerly BOB) underwater scooters, which might be really cool.

BucknJeff,

I hope that little bird had a coat on because it must be mighty cold there in Chicago. :D Thanks for the hint.

Jim & Terry

Well, that poor little bird is even further North than us, and a little West!

My avatar makes me long for warm weather.

Kip - I wish I could say we had met on the excursion you spoke of, but this will be our first cruise. If all goes well we plan to speak highly of many cruises in the future! :D

Matt - Thanks for the site with the menus and other info. That will keep me busy for the next couple days. :)

Poor Rick asked me to stop talking about the cruise because I have something I've discovered everyday!

Good morning everyone,

We received our Docs this morning, now the countdown begins. :D

The time can't go by fast enough.

We would love to have a get together and meet everyone from CC. It is always nice to get to know everyone that has been posting. We have definately formed some life long friendships with other people from cruise critic that we have met on cruises.

Hope everyone has a great day,

Kent & Andy

I plan to be at the Tradewinds outdoor bar on Sun Deck overlooking to pool the afternoon or boarding.

I figure about 3:00, after having lunch, unpacking if the bags arrive and before any festivities kick off. Its a great look out over the mid ship pool and a magnet for people (as it was on the Mexico cruise in October).

I'll be the one with a smile on my face 'cause I'm happy to be aboard.

I am expecting there will be other cruise critic meet and greets during the cruise.....but for those that want to meet...consider this gathering spot. Might be nice to meet and then possibly make plans for pre dinner get togethers.

Not sure how dinner will work for singles on this trip, as they had a separate dinning room for singles last cruise. Regardless, meeting before dinning can be a great way to kick off an evening.

I am soooo ready to go.

I just looked at the bar guide and Skywalker's is closed during the day - well I suppose you can go up there - just not open as a bar :(

During the day it's either a pool bar or Crooner's Bar on deck 6/7...

Tom I am sure I will see you at Tradewinds that first afternoon - although I am sure we will see each other in FLL before.

An aside: we learned in our Weight Watcher's meeting today that if you're being hounded to buy Girl Scout cookies, this year you can opt to have them sent to our troops in Iraq. Let them gain the weight, rather than me :)

Yes, Matt, thanks for providing this great website:

http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com/

I have been on it all morning...getting nothing done here at work. It is a good thing I am my own boss! I especially was interested in the spa prices and the specialty menus.

And now that Kent & Andy have received their documents in the mail today, I can't wait to get home and check my mail.

We definitely will be interested in meeting fellow CC members...an afternoon drink at Tradewinds sounds very appealing right now.

And Matt...do you think its a good idea to send Girl Scouts to our soldiers in Iraq???!!!!;)

OK so we may have mentioned before we are RSVP (and 'gay' cruise virgins) haha We have met plenty of others on the 'straight' cruises, but we didn't have theme parties!!! :)

SO... how are these theme parties? Do a majority dress up?

Can you give some examples of what you are packing? Does anyone have the list yet?

i.e. Red Party- are we safe is red polos and short (maybe a red wig) haha

Sorry guys-- I am clueless on this one! :) I need to start thinking about what to bring as we are now LESS then a month!!

Matt--- the girl scout cookie thing was hilarious! haha We hear you on that one!!

Ok, the first step in recovery is to admit you have a problem. A prime example of my problem... As soon as I read that Kent & Andy got their documents I ran home to see if ours were there. Unless they come via UPS or FedEx ours didn't come today :(

I should just stay home and search the internet all day for cruise info because I'm not doing any good here at work!

Max, you're as bad as me. When someone posts a good link we jump right on it.

Matt, I think the troops would prefer we send them the girl scouts rather than the cookies, but that is a great thing. What a wonderful way to send them a little bit of home.

Tim,

I can't wait to meet you guys! I am now closing up work to run home myself and check my mail. Also, your Rick sounds just like my Bob: "Will you talk about something else besides the cruise!" :eek:

Mike,

We're anxious to meet you and Gary too. (OK everyone, we're also anxious to meet you, too).

Anyway, this is our 3rd RSVP cruise (compared to others still in training bras), but we (I mean I) still think it is more fun to get involved with the "costumes" for the dances and parties. (Of course, we are involved in theatre). If you look at any pictures and videos on-line of the white parties through red cellophane, you can get some ideas of what to wear to the "red party". Some will be very modest, others more risque. I am assuming that the superhero party is going to be the big costume party, so we have lined up some appropriate costumes for that (bought on the internet, of course). But some people will be very creative. What bugs me is that when they have the judging for these costume parties, the winners hardly ever have dressed for the announced them. It is hard to compete with an outrageous drag queen or a large group dressed in theme! The construction worker dance should be pretty easy...we aren't bringing any borrowed leather outfits this year, but we are leaving the heavy tools at home. And the underwear and pajama parties are pretty easy to pull off.

OK....running home to check the mail.............................................

OK, I am surpremely jealous that someone has docs. I already got my mail. Of course mine go to my travel agent first... but he knows what a cruise junkie I am, and I just emailed him yesterday about it.... I want my Princess booking number so I can do all the online stuff....

Ralph said this morning "my god, can you do something else first thing in the morning?" Nope. Not when it's this close to cruise time, and I am mired in Wills, Trusts & Estates.

Yes I am sure the troops would prefer the scouts to the cookies...assuming they were over 18 of course. ;)

BucknJeff, I keep the board up on one of my monitors and hit refresh every so often. I feel safe to say I'm hopeless!

Ok, no documents, no entertainment listing, if not for the website Matt posted it would have been a bad cruise day.

If they have to commit me before the cruise have a drink for me!

Mike - meant to answer this earlier. As to the theme parties...if you go to that website a few pages back..maybe just one page back..it's the first post on the page with the guy with the rsvpcruisers website. On his site, there's a link to the cubby hole site with all the past cruise pictures and you can get an idea from the crowd how many people dress up. It always seems like more than half... especially for something like the underwear party where it is very much the majority. Pretty much anything goes.. you can be outrageous and need steamer trunks to hold your outfits, or you can be simple and still be in the spirit (such as your idea for the red party)... Personally, I stay on the simple side. Ralph has a construction outfit picked out, though.

I am pretty sure the list of theme parties is on the rsvp web site.

OK Mike-

monumax and matt got you started-here's a little check list:

Group A

red polo

red tank top

red muscle shirt

red t-shirt

Group B

red jockstrap

red sarong

red bikini

red running short

red thong

Group C

red flip flops

red sneakers

red birkenstocks

Choose one item from each group, not to exceed two items. Red leather and hardware optional. Now wasn't that easy!

Now monumax-about that bathrobe...

Kent & Andy,

There was no schedule or entertainment info with the docs?

Jim & Terry

Hi Guys,

There were a couple of paragraphs about the entertainment, DJ's and theme party's but nothing much more than we know already. It did say that a draft of the daily schedule would be posted to their website by Feb. 1st.

It will be great no matter who the entertainment is, I just wish that we didn't still have a month to go.

Take care,

Kent & Andy

Hi Buck and Jeff!

It is us, Janet and Maria, your RVin buddies!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you online.

Just got back from a week in Cancun with str8 people, ughh. Ready to have a great time with all the boys.

We are so looking forward to this.

We are staying over on Birch Road. No gay B&Bs down there take girls so that was as close as we could get to Sebastian Beach. We are coming in on Friday and leaving the sunday that the boat gets back.

Hope we can have dinner some night B and J!!!!

Can't wait to meet all of you. We love gay men (don't be afraid). Buck and Jeff can vouch for us.

Janet and Maria

Hey Janet & Maria,

I wondered why you weren't on the message board lately. Hope that we get a chance to know you better on this trip instead of just riding up the elevator on the first day like last year! You sound like a fun couple!

8 degrees this evening in Central PA...we're ready for some tropical heat!!!

Archived