Canadian ID requierments for E. Car.

mattR

You can try calling Holland and see what they say. I would get a passport to be on the safe side. When we cruised on the Royal Caribbean (Mexican Riviera) they kept our passports until the last day and on the Princess they just glanced at them and we kept them. Why take a chance and have your cruise and flight ruined.They are good for 5 years.

mattR, although passports are recommended, they are "not required" for U.S. and Canadian citizens travelling to the E. Caribbean. So says our documents from Princess. A birth certificate and government issued photo I.D. (eg: drivers license) is acceptable. I am not saying that it will not slow you down, only whether you are allowed to travel without a passport. Scott.

Which Islands are you visiting. It may have a bearing on weather you need it or not. In most cases, I agree you do not need the passport but it is far, far easier. Your wife will require the marriage certifacate if you are married as well as Drivers license and BC.

You can send a request with proof of your trip to speed up the process too.

Archived