How do you find out if..

sheilb4

How do you find out if there any certain large groups booked on your cruise. For example I read recently of outraged passengers that booked on a cruise that had a large group of swingers, gay groups, etc . I am not opposed to either, but I do know that on my last cruise it was full of a radio station group of Heavy Rockers.....and a lot of heavy drinker/smokers. The only way it affected me was the smokiness of the public rooms so I was unable to enjoy them, but that was my choice.

Just curious if there is a way to find out this kind of info prior to cruising, that way we can make an informed decision whether to cruise or choose alternate date.

Be sure to Google it in different date formats also. In the above example, also do 7-21-07 etc. It's not scientific but you might pull up something. It was be so much easier if there were one big list someplace. :rolleyes:

We all miss groupsahoy.com. It has not been in operation for several years. They had the most comprehensive collection of group information I have ever seen.

A person could use the info to avoid groups OR to find a theme cruise they wanted OR find cruises that were waiving the single supplements.

Perhaps here at Cruise Critic we could "look out" for one another. Perhaps the board could add a section (like Roll Call) and call it Group Call. Then when we see groups that going to be out there on the various cruise lines..we could report it!

We all miss groupsahoy.com. It has not been in operation for several years. They had the most comprehensive collection of group information I have ever seen.

A person could use the info to avoid groups OR to find a theme cruise they wanted OR find cruises that were waiving the single supplements.

Perhaps here at Cruise Critic we could "look out" for one another. Perhaps the board could add a section (like Roll Call) and call it Group Call. Then when we see groups that going to be out there on the various cruise lines..we could report it!

Thank You LHP

I just found a large group sailing on a date I was interested in for 2007...now I'm not interested in it any longer. :)

Thanks for posting the question. It caused me to "google" my dates before I got stuck on a less than appealing cruise.

Ok my date is april 5th the Glory 2008.......I tried goggle and I can't find anything .can you. I don't know if I'm doing this right...help

thanks,

Carla

You may want to try searching again around spring of next year...

Google different formats.

The 1st time I just used date and ship name, and found a group of Marines. A few weeks later I used date group ship name and found a Beauty of Sea conference. Both appear to be harmless. Had to look through many pages on google to find these groups.

PVP told me the really big groups charter blocks of the boat when the rates are lower, that's why we are seeing so many big groups, and reading the nightmare stories this time of the year. The cruises are cheap, so these groups get big numbers.

Our Nov 26 cruise on the Destiny "mysteriously" sold out way back in June. And no our group of 32 just found out that we've been "bumped" from our late seating for dinner...even tho we chose our dining preference eleven months out. This leads me to believe a large group is being accomodated, yet I cannot find anything in a search.

If anyone runs across anything for this sailing.....PPPLLLLEEEEAAAASEEEE let me know!!

Smoches!!

Deb

Our Nov 26 cruise on the Destiny "mysteriously" sold out way back in June. And no our group of 32 just found out that we've been "bumped" from our late seating for dinner...even tho we chose our dining preference eleven months out. This leads me to believe a large group is being accomodated, yet I cannot find anything in a search.

If anyone runs across anything for this sailing.....PPPLLLLEEEEAAAASEEEE let me know!!

Smoches!!

Deb

how did you find out your dinner had been changed, since they don't confirm anything until you board?? Did they just let you know that late seating wasn't available??

We found out that our Liberty 1/20/07 cruise to Panama, Coast Maya and Costa Rica has the Eddie Miles group on it. He is an Elvis impersonator, but everything that I have managed to find out is that he is apparantly very good, and his groups tend to be 300-400 people. We do not want to change our date, and our penalty date is 10/31. So I guess this will be the HUNKA HUNKA BURNIN LOVE cruise!

We're booked thru Group Sales and they verify all your group arrangement ahead of time. I even get to do the seating chart as to who sits with whom.

Not only could we not be accomodated at 8:00...8:15 was also "not available".

Just seems like something is up. We always book our groups about a year out to ensure we get what we want. It has always been my understanding that dining is on a "first come" basis. But not this time!!

I'm really worried after all the horror stories that have been flying around here about the large groups.

Deb

So glad I asked this question and thanks for your replies. I just did a search for my cruise on 12/2...can't believe what I just found out...It a group cruise for Mind and Body Mens' Fitness....now what can I expect??? I am traveling solo as I usually do, so is this a good thing? or will it be a ship full of beautiful gay men...LOL Now I have no clue whether this is a positive of negative for my cruise.....

Anyone know anything about this?

Interesting huh, so glad I looked...I think!

Are you serious? Dialysis at Sea??? now that would be a cruise I would def reconsider, a bunch of poor sick folks that have to be on their machines every 2 days or so...I guess they take the machines onboard and have a nurse with them etc??? Not aware they can even do that??

Would find that somewhat sad, and I am sure a bunch of wheel chairs to fill up the ship, for those really sick, but hey! how wonderful for them to be able to take a trip like this, just would personally prefer another cruise date myself.....

I'm also going on the Glory in a few days this is what I found... IPA National Conference 7-Day Cruise. November 4-11, 2006. The 2006 National IPA conference will be held on the Carnival Glory .

So what do you think International Press Association.....

thanks,

Carla

the international police association. One thing I did notice, all of their meetings are going to be on sea days .... google ipa us

Well I guess it sounds like I won't be able to say " where's a cop when you need one"

We leave for our cruise on thursday.......can't wait.

Carla

Archived