Godfrey vs. Sonnie Liston Tours

makeup face

Well...........since it now looks like the Crown will be decking in Crown Bay. I'm not sure I'd know my way around the island or to St Johns from CB...even though this will be about my forth time in St. Thomas:rolleyes: I thought I'd book an independent tour for myself and six cousins....who have never been to St.Thomas..or cruising.

Anyway....can anyone give me some feed back on these tour companies:confused:

Thanks

Last time I was in St Tom, a bunch of CCers and I booked a tour with Godfrey for $20pp. We took up the whole open air van; the driver, which was not Godfrey but was good, took us sightseeing all over St Tom, dropped us in town for a couple of hours to shop and have lunch, then at the beach we wished to spend the afternoon snorkeling at (Sapphire) while he waited on us and took us back to the ship. We had a full & fun day for a reasonable cost.

We have also used Godfrey, last summer on the Crown, and we give him very high marks. The price has gone up to $25 but was still a bargain, he was prompt and pleasant and informative all day long. I would definitely recommend his tour.

We took Sonny Liston and it was great. We had Sonny and he was a blast. Just watch out for how they drive those trucks. I have been on roller coasters that had less effect on my stomach.:) And if you want Makeup Face we can book something with him. He has a website somewhere , I'll try and find it for you. But he has a nice tour of the island and will drop you off at a beach. We went to Shappire last time and it was nice. We are thinking about a day at Magen's Bay this time. With a little shopping time also .

We used Sunny Liston last year. He was excellent. No problems at all. He showed us wild Iguanas which was great. (probably not a big deal to some but its cold over here and there are no large reptiles)

Kay

We took Sonny Liston and it was great. We had Sonny and he was a blast. Just watch out for how they drive those trucks. I have been on roller coasters that had less effect on my stomach.:) And if you want Makeup Face we can book something with him. He has a website somewhere , I'll try and find it for you. But he has a nice tour of the island and will drop you off at a beach. We went to Shappire last time and it was nice. We are thinking about a day at Magen's Bay this time. With a little shopping time also .

Hey cabana.....I have both web sites...thanks:) :) I think I'll book with Godfrey?

What are you planning on doing when we stop in St Thomas in April? Are you going to Megan's Bay on your first stop or second stop......how many more Monday's do we have:D

makeup face,

Go with Godfrey and join us. We are using him in St Thomas. He is picking us up at the dock at 10:00. Shopping, sightseeing and then on to Coki beach for snorkling. I can't wait.

Hope you join us!!!

It depends on what some other folks are doing when we are at St. Thomas. Looking at the trip to St. Johns one of those days but don't know which one yet. We did the island tour last time so a beach day is in line this time. Magen's Bay is one of the top beaches in the world and last time we just saw it from Drake's Seat( great view) so this time I would like to see it up close. So close that I can put my feet in it lol :) This will be your first day out so do something exciting. I guess it all depends if your beach people or not, a day at the beach is a long day for those that are not. But the Godfrey or Sonny tours are both great they take you to see some great views of the island. Join up with Vawoods and you guys will all have a blast.

We had the pleasure of spending the day with Sunny Liston last December and what a blast! In fact, this was one of the highlights of our trip. Sunny is a great entertainer, very pleasant and he will ensure you are having a great time all day. You can't go wrong with Sunny, I know we will be booking with him again on the next cruise! I love u baby... everyday!

makeup face,

Go with Godfrey and join us. We are using him in St Thomas. He is picking us up at the dock at 10:00. Shopping, sightseeing and then on to Coki beach for snorkling. I can't wait.

Hope you join us!!!

Okay.....Myself and my six cousin will be joining you. I don't think we'll be snorkling though:D :D

Okay.....Myself and my six cousin will be joining you. I don't think we'll be snorkling though:D :D

The more the merrier. Do you realize 6 months from today, we will be cruising........time is flying!!

I have also heard that they were both great...I ended up choosing Henry Christopher. I am a police officer here in South Carolina and I saw on is web site that he was a retired police officer in St. Thomas and is now a pastor! He was great with our kids and that's what I wanted. I have his info if anybody wants it..just e-mail me jsbenton1@yahoo.com St. Thomas is a wonderful place!!!

Again, like i mentioned in a previous post...We booked with sunny liston last april and had an absolute blast. He'll have you singing and everyone else on the other tour buses were filled with envy.

he take you to all the hot spots,very informative,outgoing, and made the trip memorable. Our whole tour bus was singing "every day of the week" by the end.

Great tour!!

I think this coming april on the crown, with a few of you from above:) ....we'll just go to one of the beaches to snorkel since we've done the island tour last time.

can't wait...

take care,

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

We booked with Gosfrey, but Sonny Liston showed up with our name on the sign at the dock... never quite understood what happened...

We enjoyed Sonny's tour, but the driving was pretty wild, and as I suggested in another post, I strongly suggest that you avoid sitting directly in front of the loudspeakers in his truck. You will be deaf by the end of the day...

St. Thomas is beautiful... the town seemed very, very crowded with 4-5 ships in port...

LL

Archived