Weather

lindalo5032

I'm just starting to do research on a Panama Canal cruise. What is the best time, weather-wise? I would prefer to go when it is not really hot and/or rainy. Does Carnival have a full transit cruise? We prefer them because of their military discount. If not Carnival, which cruise line provides the best itinerary?

I tried to do a search, but the system would not cooperate:( Thanks for your input!

Panama is always hot. I went at the end of February which was great. If you go in the Fall you risk being in the rainy season.

Carnival does not currently have any itineraries that enter the Panama Canal, not even for a partial transit. They have a few that dock at Colon but don't enter the locks.

RCCL, Princess, HAL, and Celebrity all offer both partial and full transit Panama Canal itineraries.

What about Feb. how is the weather then,, someone mentioned rainy....???

I hope not, that when we are booked... 2-11-07

Thanks...

We didn't have any rain this past February. Just hot and humid. But absolutely gorgeous.

• 1 month later...

February is in the middle of the dry season, which runs from mid December to April. Dry season doesn't mean no rain at all, just a lot less rain. The weather on the Atlantic side in February should be one more pleasant periods of the year.

As far as June is concerned, it can be rainy and of course humid. Usually it does not rain all day and wash out your activities. Rarely does the temperature exceed 90 or go below 75, the real culprit is the humidity. June is humid and February is less humid.

Have fun!

We just went through (full transit) in early December on Celebrity Summit. The weather was warm and partly cloudy, which made for a great day. From around 1 to 3 PM we were starting to get uncomfortable as we cruised past Gatun and Culebra Cut, but by the time we approached the Pacific locks it had cooled down again (we were travelling from the Caribbean side to the Pacific). We were told by the crew that we were very lucky, since when it is cloudy it is more humid.

In March of 2008 we are doing Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize on Carnival Miracle. We are just planning on doing the ferry excursion of the canal. Maybe if you are looking for Carnival this would work for you, unless you want to be on your ship in the canal. Good Luck deciding!!

Archived