Spring Break - Grandeur of the Seas.. NEED ADVICE!

My wife and I are considering going on a cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas this spring break.... the total cost for an inside room plus airfare is like $849 a person. Is this a good deal? Should I book it?

Is the Grandeur a good ship? Thanks so much!!

I liked the Grandeur but would never do it over spring break again....it was so crowded...couldn't use the hot tubs...they never wanted to share...

also we ended up with the virus on the ship so many college students sick and didn't care still came out around...they would even brag about their room mates being sick when we was at port....just wouldn't do it again...

I liked the Grandeur but would never do it over spring break again....it was so crowded...couldn't use the hot tubs...they never wanted to share...

also we ended up with the virus on the ship so many college students sick and didn't care still came out around...they would even brag about their room mates being sick when we was at port....just wouldn't do it again...

Grandeur is a great ship, sailed her twice, and booked for Oct 2007. I wouldn't sail her for spring break if I could go any other time, though, she isn't like the Voyager class ships, about all there is for kids to do is hang out in the pool and hot tubs if you're not in port, so I doubt you'd get to use them at all. JMHO, YMMV.

My DH and I just got back from a 9 day on the Grandeur and loved this ship! But last March we sailed during spring break (on a different line) and I really don't recommend it. We have college aged children and usually enjoy being around people in that age group, but there were some really obnoxious kids during the spring break cruise - at one point we were stuck on a tender with kids that were so drunk one of them was attempting to urinate off the side of the tender.

I do wish you the best...is it going to be a 5 day or 7 day cruise next year???

The price is good because trying to get college students on board...

Like everyone else said be prepared that you don't get to use hot tubs very quick and they save seat very early for the pool must be a couple sober ones...and they go down and save for their whole college...lol

i think that more young (elementary) kids will be having their Spring Breaks in the first two weeks of March. A lot of colleges and universities will be having theirs the last two weeks of March.

I doubt it will be much of a problem getting on our nerves, since my wife and I are both 21-year old college students.

Oh great!!! I have a cruise booked for March 3rd 07 for a 7 day on Voyager....anyone been on a Voyager class during this time frame??? How bad is it??? I mean, I will be traveling with kids (4 and 13) but I HOPE that it is not going to be crowded!!! Is 3-3-07 a bad date this year???:(

Oh great!!! I have a cruise booked for March 3rd 07 for a 7 day on Voyager....anyone been on a Voyager class during this time frame??? How bad is it??? I mean, I will be traveling with kids (4 and 13) but I HOPE that it is not going to be crowded!!! Is 3-3-07 a bad date this year???:(

I was on Mariner the first week of April last year, which was Spring Break time for GA, met many great people and have to say that the kids were very well behaved in my opinion. There were over a thousand Jr. and Sr. high school kids, as well as some elementary and college kids onboard, but the ship's staff, and PARENTS (I emphasize since I think they're even more important) did a great job of policing the kids and I didn't hear of any significant problems on Mariner.

Again, Grandeur isn't Mariner, there aren't any mini-golf, inline skating, ice skating, Fuel (there is an arcade, but it's only got about 10 machines), Johnny Rockets, promenade, blah blah blah, so a ton of kids on Grandeur may get bored, and be more likely if not watched closely to get into mischief. JMHO, YMMV.

i think that more young (elementary) kids will be having their Spring Breaks in the first two weeks of March. A lot of colleges and universities will be having theirs the last two weeks of March.

I doubt it will be much of a problem getting on our nerves, since my wife and I are both 21-year old college students.

Have to respectfully disagree. Some parts of the country the grade school-high school may have spring break in early March, but most that I know of appear to be mid March through mid April with the college group starting early March through beginning of April.

Have to respectfully disagree. Some parts of the country the grade school-high school may have spring break in early March, but most that I know of appear to be mid March through mid April with the college group starting early March through beginning of April.

And can go from late Feb here in Pennsylvaniastan for some of the colleges, to early May from what I've been told.

And can go from late Feb here in Pennsylvaniastan for some of the colleges, to early May from what I've been told.

Yep! Since some colleges are on semester and some of the quarter system the break times can really vary over a wide range of time.

My last March 6th cruise on Grandeur was college students not highschool or elementary ones....and it would be more easier if it was like the mariner..but the grandeur is alot smaller and don't have as many things to do...and like I said the swimming pool and hot tubs was just over crowded hardly could use them.....

Archived