Teen program on M class ships? Anyone?

kimanjo

Help! We haven't sailed Celebrity for a few years now, since daughter was 8, and she's now 13, almost 14.

I cant find any info on the Celebrity site.

We are thinking of doing a Christmas cruise next month and my question is, what is the age breakdown of the Teen program? Is there a Teen program? Where do the teens hang out, is there an official room for them? Last time we sailed Celebrity I remember the 10-12 year olds (and certianly not the teens) didn't have a place to go, they followed the counselors to the cafe, sometimes an empty bar, etc.

What is age breakdown of the teens? Daughter doesn't wan to be "stuck" with 12- to 14- year olds, in school she hangs around with 15 year-old crowd.

The age for the teen program is 13 to 17. It's a little less structured than the kids program, but my son, who is 15, has enjoyed it this past summer on the Constellation. The is a teen lounge, but they didn't seem to use it much.

There has never been any shortage of kids on any holiday cruise I have been on so I wouldn't worry about that. The teens tend to stick with their own age groups....I traveled with my niece on about 9 X cruises throughout her teen years. I am not sure how strict they are now about staying within your age group , but I do remember one cruise where it became a point of contention. The 15 & 16 year olds didn't want to hang around with the 13 & 14's (can you imagine?? ) so they kind of boycotted the teen activities because they didn't want to be stuck "with a bunch of little kids". LOL

There has never been any shortage of kids on any holiday cruise I have been on so I wouldn't worry about that. The teens tend to stick with their own age groups....I traveled with my niece on about 9 X cruises throughout her teen years. I am not sure how strict they are now about staying within your age group , but I do remember one cruise where it became a point of contention. The 15 & 16 year olds didn't want to hang around with the 13 & 14's (can you imagine?? ) so they kind of boycotted the teen activities because they didn't want to be stuck "with a bunch of little kids". LOL

I have a 15 year old who has avoided the "kid's" program like the plague! LOL! The only one he enjoyed was on Century where they had a very "cool" gal running the program for teens (Jo Jo). On all our other cruises, the teens just somehow magically "find" each other and just "hang out" together! We have started to get a suite of some kind because it becomes the "teen center" for the cruise! I can relax knowing where mine is, and I bug all the other kids to let their parents know where they are so no one worries. The extra cost is a bugger, though. I think we're going to have to cruise less often:( until our son "flies the coup!"

We took our then 13 year old on the Summit to Hawaii after the Holidays. There were only about 30 kids under 18 on board. It took my son 3 days to find friends. After he found them he was fine. We felt the teen program was a little juvenile for my son (bracelet making etc.) but he still had a wonderful time.

Speaking of "Juvenile!"...our son was totally turned off when a kid's counselor on RCI's Splendour of the Seas out of Barcelona was calling all the "kiddies" 12 and under to come get their bracelettes put on as we boarded! Our son was 12 at the time and you can imagine how quickly he got out of there!:p LOL! It's a fine line we walk when we have pre-teens/teens/young adults these days!:rolleyes: I too try to "force" mine to check out the first meeting. Many of them do this at a distance! Someone should write a book about teen cruising!:D

My dd is 10 going on 18 :rolleyes: . Just want to know what I am up against in a few years...I take it the activities below are "lame" and nothing "cool"?

Survivor Night with Fear Factor Challenges

Karaoke Night

Street Hockey

Teen Sushi Demonstration

Pool Olympics

Battle of the Sexes

Night at the Improv

Late Night Party

Playstation

Monster Madness

Liars Club

Amazing Race

Nighttime Pool Party

My dd is 10 going on 18 :rolleyes: . Just want to know what I am up against in a few years...I take it the activities below are "lame" and nothing "cool"?

Survivor Night with Fear Factor Challenges

Karaoke Night

Street Hockey

Teen Sushi Demonstration

Pool Olympics

Battle of the Sexes

Night at the Improv

Late Night Party

Playstation

Monster Madness

Liars Club

Amazing Race

Nighttime Pool Party

My 10 yo (and me) thinks it is pretty cool. Street Hockey is the greatest game very invented and anyone can do it. Kids love Sushi and Reality Shows...

I may join them and play....

My 14 year old had a brilliant time on Celebrity last summer. He went to the party on the first night and a group of 14-17 year olds then just hung around together. They dipped into a few of the organised activities. They are still in touch through MSN and trying to arrange to meet up (slightly difficult since they are from UK, Canada,US, Ireland, Spain...).

My 10 yo (and me) thinks it is pretty cool. Street Hockey is the greatest game very invented and anyone can do it. Kids love Sushi and Reality Shows...

I may join them and play....

:D :D Uh Anthony, hate to sink your boat there, but um, it is for teens 13 - 17 :D :D Me thinks they would notice you are slightly older than that... :rolleyes:

LOL! To raise 'em, you certainly NEED a sense of humor!!!

I mentioned the sushi one to my 15 year old, and I got the roll eyes and "Ya, right, Mom.":rolleyes: I think they just don't like the "organized" part of ANYTHING at this point.:rolleyes: (that was ME rolling that time!).:D

I too think the list sounds like great fun! I'll go with you, Anthony! OUR kids won't be there to tell on us!

I've always envied those parents whose kids would go to the programs! It just rarely happened for us with either of our boys! Funny because they try to get rid of us when they're home, yet want to be with us every minute on vacation:confused: It's part of their strategy to drive us nuts!

Archived