Embarkation Question - Port Everglades

btyko

We will be on the Caribbean Princess on November 19.

From what I have read, there are separate lines, by deck, at embarkation.

My wife and I are on Dolphin Deck, and my (grown) kids are on the Riviera Deck. Will we be able to check in together?

We had the same issue, we were on one deck, my young adult age daughters were on another. No problem. We just went into one line and asked what to do, since I wanted everything on our charge account. They took care of everything.

We had the same issue, we were on one deck, my young adult age daughters were on another. No problem. We just went into one line and asked what to do, since I wanted everything on our charge account. They took care of everything.

That is the reason I am asking. One of our daughters will be on our charge account.

Thank you.

I would think you could check in together, even though their cruise cards will be in another location. But what would be the advantage?

Don't know about the OP, but for us the advantage was that I had wanted all the seapass cards to be on my credit card account and I didn't want to go with my credit card to 2 different lines. Now you can put the credit card info in before the cruise, but at this time, either you couldn't or for some reason I didn't. Can't remember the specifics.

The man at the counter just walked a few feet over and got the cruise cards. No big deal and only took a couple of seconds.

I'm still not sure just how important it is to check in through your assigned deck aisle. I had the same situation with my kids and was told they could check in with us. I've also seen people moved from say longer Dolphin lines over the shorter Emerald lines. Also have been upgraded while checking in from one deck to another.

If anybody has any insight on this it would be appreciated.

I was on the Aloha deck last week and checked in right next door at the Riviera deck line, at that agent's request. He didn't have anyone in his line at the time. I think he did have to step over to the Aloha desk to get our cards though.

We will be on the Caribbean Princess on November 19.

From what I have read, there are separate lines, by deck, at embarkation.

My wife and I are on Dolphin Deck, and my (grown) kids are on the Riviera Deck. Will we be able to check in together?

You can check in together or apart. If you are putting all charges on one CC, check in together. You don't necessarily have to check in using the line assigned for your deck, but it keeps things civil.

I know you didn't ask, but I feel like 'scribing, so here is the embarkation process, the best I can remember it. Your mileage may vary depending on when you show up.

0) Have your baggage tags on your luggage before you arrive at port. No biggie if you don't but it will slow you down.

1) arrive at the front/middle of the port building and unload. There are signs posted stating that the porters are salaried and that tipping is not necessary. IOW, tips are appreciated but you shouldn't feel compelled.

2) Depending on when you arrive, you'll queue up outside along the long blue concrete wall under the shade of a large awning. We were several 100 back from the door to the far right where they let you in. They have ice cold water if you need it while you wait. They'll hand out the Bermuda declaration if you forget yours. You'll want it filled out before heading inside. I also remember an I-ain't-vomited-in-3-days declaration getting handed to me, but I don't remember when I turned it it. Be patient, this line can be stationary for awhile.

3) At some point, they let big chunks of people into the building. Immediatley inside are 4 metal detector/baggage scanner checkpoints. The line naturally hangs to the left. If you want to go thru quick, go right. (It is fast either way).

4) Once inside, you will be in a disney-land ride queue. Once you work your way thru it, (2 lines, one the the left, one to the right), you will hand in the bermuda thingy.

5) After exiting the line in 4, you'll head the line for you ship level. These lines move pretty slow. Try to not to get into any fights! You'll make it on soon!

6) Make sure all in your party that you are checking in are present by the time you make it to the front of the line. IOW, if you are traveling with small kids, don't be tempted to have one parent wait out in the open while another checks in. At this point you'll need ID, CC, and passage ticket. They check ID at this point. You'll get your stateroom key and are ready to head for the gangway!

7) Plow your way past the crowd that is still in line and head for the back of the giant room to a set of escalators. Make sure you kick over anyone's luggage that stands between you and the ship. Depending on which way the ship docked, you'll either be directed to the left or right escalator. (That doesn't sound right, for some reason. I could be wrong about that).

8) Smile for the optional boarding photo, and thank the photographer for hitting a moving target.

9) Up the ramp onto the ship!!!! Get your security photo just inside the entrance to the ship.

10) Take a deep breath, exhale, and try to figure out how to get time to stop for 7 days. Your onboard this beautiful ship!

What time would you recommend getting there if you wanted to board as soon as humanly possible?

The day before, pitch tent at the front door like fools in line for concert tickets.:p

Seriously though, give it an hour or two to air out from the previous load. A cruiseship wreaks on that last morning from 3000+ people that have absorbed more food, sun, and booze in 7 days than a small city consumes in a month. Not to mention all that half-consumed garbage whose fumes are finding their way to the halls because of luggage porting.

Get there about 11 and you'll have plenty of time to enjoy your welcome-aboard buffet.

About the "Bermuda thingy" which you turned in...we got a Bahamas Thingy. Problem is we received only 2 immigation forms with our documents and there are 3 of us. Are there extra immigration forms in the building or should I try to contact Princess customer service?

1) arrive at the front/middle of the port building and unload. There are signs posted stating that the porters are salaried and that tipping is not necessary. IOW, tips are appreciated but you shouldn't feel compelled.

Unless you never want to see your luggage again.:eek:

We usually get there between 11 and 11:30am. Unless the cruiseline or TA tells you otherwise just before sailing day. We had it happen once, there was a problem with the ship getting back to port their regular time.

P.S. 11:00 AM is not too early??? If not we'll be there!

We got there around 11:15 in January. If you are early enough, there is a door around the side of the building with a big "Check In" sign where you can go and you get to sit and wait for the check in process to start. Much more comfy!

What time would you recommend getting there if you wanted to board as soon as humanly possible?

IMO, not much later than 11 a.m. There is a room with limited space they allow people to use. Once it fills up, they stantion it off and everyone else waits outside. In Sept., they closed it off around 11:35-11:45 (and it was HOT outside that day). Otherwise, I would wait until about 2 p.m. to avoid standing in line and waiting.

Archived