How cold on the Star in Dec.?

mexico5

Hi, we are sailing Dec. 2 to the Western Caribbean. I have begun my list for what to pack. First time cruiser so I was wondering if someone could tell me if this is true.

Is it super cold in the dining rooms because of air conditioning? We would rather have it warm, than cold, but some say to bring a wrap of sorts? If I have a dress on, will I freeze? Is there one restarant that is warm and does not use air?

What about the other areas of the ship. Do you think we would feel warmer if we were outside on a deck at night? Or is it windy and cold? Sorry, I have no idea of what to expect.

Kind of exciting NOT knowing what is ahead of us! Being a Virgo, I tend to plan and organize until there are no surprises left!

Thanks!

The dining room and some interior rooms will be chilly (AC) so I would recommend brining a wrap.

The evenings are really "cold" but the wind can make it feel chilly on your skin. I am usually dressed in capri's or dresses for the evening and bring a wrap along.... :)

Hi, again,

Sometimes they do. I just bought two on Ebay, a black one and a brown one...........for 10 CENTS!!! They are brand new, noone else bid, and I got the bid. Of course, the shipping was 8.95, but I figure that was still terrific. The pashminas are warm, lightweight, and nice, and it only took a week for them to arrive in Nevada, from New York. You really DO need something in the theaters and in the dining rooms, sometimes, most times, but its usually warm on deck. It's humid in the Caribbean, also, but we have not found it too bad at the beginning of December, end of November.

Have fun!

Thanks!

Also, do you find it dry or humid on the ship? Silly question, but it really makes a difference in my contacts and hairstyle(or lack of one).

I think you'll find the interior of the ship to be very normal but... if you go outside at all on the decks it can be very humid.

On our last cruise I found the inside of the ship to be very dry and dehumidified. I made good use of my visene and my chapstick. Also the sun and wind sort of torched my skin and my eyes. The alchohol consumption probably didn't help my dehydration issue either... :)

As far as the hairstyle thing. My hair looks fantastic until the moment I step outside. Between the humidity and the wind, it is pretty much a lost cause out on deck. Everyone ends up looking like a chi-a-pet. :)

and E. in December.

Have NEVER been cold in or outside of the ship. Wore shorts, capris, tanks, spaghetti straps, etc.

But throw in a cute wrap & sweatshirt JUST in case.

Happy cruising!

Kris

I had wondered myself on the weather, however we leave on the CB on Nov. 26, we will be in Homestead Thanksgiving through Sunday and were really wondering what type of clothes to pack, if shorts would be too cool and if I should have more pants instead. No idea of what the weather would be like in the Caribbean that time of year. I did go one year in January don't remember it being hot, but comfortable though.

This is the Caribbean, so it is generally very comfortable during this time of year. We have never encountered "cold". The rooms on the ship are generally comfortable, and the outside is usually very nice.

We wear shorts and tee shirts most of the time.

Thanks for all of your answers. I know I am in the minority when it comes to air conditioning. I am glad I married someone who also hates it! All my life, I am always the one with the cold nose(like a dog!), cold feet, cold hands, etc... We are both more on the slender side, so maybe that does not help. This is probably the only thing that might trouble me about cruising. So I want to pack the right things, so thanks for the tips.

When I go to the Caribbean to a land resort, I throw in sun dresses, etc.. it is SO beautiful and hot out, but I am thinking this time I should bring more pants, sweaters, etc.. for the dining rooms and public areas. I will have my dresses for formal night(along with my legwarmersLOL).

Also, do you know if the individual cabins can be adjusted?

I am not concerned with the ports of call, I know they will be lovely! Just shorts and tanks...

Thanks again

Each room has it's own thermostat - you should be able to adjust the temp in your room to what is comfortable for you.

I think you'll find that you'll be plenty warm during the day when you're outside at ports or on the deck. I ususally get chilly too and like having a wrap for the dining rooms just in case it is to chilly for me. I usually bring one or two in neutral colors so they go with many outfits.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived