What is a Wang Wang?

Old As Dirt Mom

Tattletale. :eek: And you, too, Greg! :eek:

Whatever happened to "what happens on the Zaandam stays on the Zaandam!"?

hehehehe ... except, my Ruthless, for those things that happened to get captured by the all-seeing camera!!!!! ;) :D :eek:

How on earth could I have lived this long without tasting a Wang Wang? I remember many, many, many (well you get the picture) years ago that "A Blue Thing" was the drink of the day, or choice, in San Francisco. It also contained everything but the kitchen sink and I have been known to down a few of them in my time. Looks like I need to sample a Wang Wang or two on my next HAL cruise. I sincerely doubt that I will ever manage to come close to Sir Scott's record though - I really hate hangovers.

I have been meaning to mention how much Sir Scott looks like my brother (I hasten to add that I know for sure that he is not - my brother has grey eyes for one thing and is quite a bit older) and my brother would probably not touch a Wang Wang since he is a serious beer connoisseur, unlike his (used to be older but has now decided that she is much younger) sister who enjoys her wine and hard liquor.

Valerie:D

I can't believe I'm the one to answer this!!!!! I'll hide my collar while I do it!

According to the bar tenders on the Zaandam, a Wang Wang contains:

Gin

Vodka

Rum

Triple sec

Scotch

Bourbon

Brandy

Orange juice

Pineapple juice.

In other words, it has just about everything in it but the kitchen sink. :)

Hey Rev; you forgot to add Tequila;) and here's how to make one:

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Top it off with Pineapple and Orange Juice

Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin!:eek:

Thanks, Officer ... except that I copied that list of contents in a Wang Wang straight from a HAL menu. Perhaps they left the Tequila out of the list? But ... I copied it straight from the list.

I have a photo of what one looks like when it's finished. I'll have to post it. :)

I'll have to shrink it for posting on the internet, first, though. :D

Thanks, Officer ... except that I copied that list of contents in a Wang Wang straight from a HAL menu. Perhaps they left the Tequila out of the list? But ... I copied it straight from the list.

I have a photo of what one looks like when it's finished. I'll have to post it. :)

I'll have to shrink it for posting on the internet, first, though. :D

I got mine from a couple of bartenders in the Crow's Nest - I think they're open to interpretation but have the same basic effect when consumed;)

I got mine from a couple of bartenders in the Crow's Nest - I think they're open to interpretation but have the same basic effect when consumed;)

That they have the same basic effect is beyond a shadow of a doubt!

And here is what one looks like when one finishes SEVEN of them:

hawaiian10.jpg

Yes, that's Scott on the Zaandam ... after SEVEN Wang Wangs. I think that was the night following the Earthquake.

Is that one each day for seven days, or all in one day? Do they make it non-alcoholic-style? :confused:

Candy <-- boarding the Zuiderdam tomorrow for the 7th time

Hey Rev; you forgot to add Tequila;) and here's how to make one:

1/4 oz Vodka

1/4 oz Gin

1/4 oz White Rum

1/4 oz Scotch

1/4 oz Bourbon

1/4 oz Tequila

1/4 Triple Sec

1/4 oz Brandy

Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin!:eek:

Oh heck, it's only 2 ounces of the nectar of the gods...then again...7 of 'em might set ya wanging all over the place!:D

I can't believe I'm the one to answer this!!!!! I'll hide my collar while I do it!

Gin

Vodka

Rum

Triple sec

Scotch

Bourbon

Brandy

Orange juice

Pineapple juice.

Wow! And they taste so harmless! No wonder I take a nap after having a few Wang-Wangs!

The Wang Wang looks like a headache waiting to happen at about 2:AM. On the Oosterdam I ordered a Ham-Dam Mam that was very refreshing.

2 Oz Grey Goose,

Add a splash of Grenadine and let the games begin;)

On the Oostedam, one afternoon my wife and I went to the Crows nest for the view. We sat next to a couple and we both heard the words Wang Wang. My wife looked over at them and asked them if they were members of Cruise Critic. Yes, I'm lovedogs. They were from our roll call. We had a fun time and later learned that they want to move to our hometown Dubuque Iowa. Small world, great ship.:D

Your info on the Wang-Wang receipe answers many questions for me. I am beginning to think that the reason I lost my little Wang-Wang contest with my TA's sister is due to the fact that THEY SPIKED MY DRINK WITH RYE!!! It is no wonder I got wiped out!! I have never lived it down since. Could I have been framed?!?!

I will now have to have another Wang-Wang immediately upon boarding the Volendam so I can see for myself the injustice that was carried out upon me, my pride and my liver! Rye indeed!!!!!

I shall report back after the cruise!

Mike

36 Days To Go and Counting!

Your info on the Wang-Wang receipe answers many questions for me. I am beginning to think that the reason I lost my little Wang-Wang contest with my TA's sister is due to the fact that THEY SPIKED MY DRINK WITH RYE!!! It is no wonder I got wiped out!! I have never lived it down since. Could I have been framed?!?!

I will now have to have another Wang-Wang immediately upon boarding the Volendam so I can see for myself the injustice that was carried out upon me, my pride and my liver! Rye indeed!!!!!

I shall report back after the cruise!

Mike

36 Days To Go and Counting!

Funny you mention that! Another HAL bartender on one of the dam ships always added some Rye to the ingredients of the Wang Wang - added a little more punch to an already potent drink;)

• 7 months later...

Gin

Vodka

Rum

Triple sec

Scotch

Bourbon

Brandy

Orange juice

Pineapple juice.

I have searched for the recipe and found this; I really didn't want to order a drink without having a clue about what's in it. Now, perhapes I should change my ticker to :x days to a Wang Wang????

This Wang Wang is for YOU!

wangwang1.jpg

Remember ... don't drink and drive.

So, the Captain had better stick to soft drinks!!!! :D

Oh ... and thanks, CalmSeas ... for the photo!!!!!! :)

One can drink seven of these and not end up with alcohol poisoning? :eek:

Hi Rev!

Years ago we had an Asiaan restaurant in Bermuda called 'DING HO'. The drinks menu was impressive!

They served up concoctions with such names as:

WANG WANG (the topic of this thread)

WOU WOU

SAMOAN FOG CUTTER

MISSIONARY'S DOWNFALL (Rev you should like this one!)

SUFFERING BASTARDS

ETC ETC.

Stephen

Hey Stephen

I have missed you, where are you guys now?

Val

And here is what one looks like when one finishes SEVEN of them:

<snip>

Yes, that's Scott on the Zaandam ... after SEVEN Wang Wangs. I think that was the night following the Earthquake.

And I can proudly say Scott and I introduced several Spamdammers to their first taste of a Wang Wang on that fateful earthquake day. We even renamed it the "Aftershock Wang Wang" and began drinking the first one sitting at the Sea View Bar at 10:30 AM, to celebrate life and our survival through the earthquake. As reported by Greg the 7th one we consumed was HAPPILY:D taken in the Crow's Nest very late at night as we danced the night away. What great memories!!

Archived