Norwegian Pearl's Show Stoppers On Wheels!

electricron

From http://www.uk.ncl.com/news/pr/pr110306.htm

London, 03 November 2006…NCL has today announced its latest FIRST aboard its newest ship Norwegian Pearl. The new onboard entertainment ‘Tubez’ features performers on BMX bikes, skateboards, in-line skates and heelies.

The high octane performance, has been choreographed by dancers who have worked with famous names such as Madonna, Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Aerosmith, the Beach Boys and Cher. The show’s performers will display cutting edge athletics, whilst performing dare devil feats on two and four wheels.

The Stardust Theatre onboard Norwegian Pearl has been specially adapted to incorporate the Tubez show. Ramps have been added to the set that extend out into the audience and video imagery has been especially commissioned to enhance the stage-based action.

The visual elements of Tubez represent slick ‘pop art’ meets the contemporary world of ‘hip hop’. When Tubez launches, it will be the first time a show of this magnitude and daring has ever been attempted onboard a cruise ship. Francis Riley, General Manager NCL UK, comments, “NCL is renowned the world over for its innovative products. Having been the first cruise line to bring Broadway style shows to holidays at sea, we are again setting the standard for the onboard entertainment with this our latest and most spectacular FIRST. Guests will be thrilled and enthralled by the Tubez performers.”

It will certainly be a different show than what most cruise ships have.

a little like "starlight express" goes cruising?:D

starlight express..andrew lloyd weber rock 'n roll on roller skates. (in case someone has not seen it) saw it in london, falling asleep (from the time changes) while in the row right in front of the ramp...was not a good idea. i woke up to the cast laughing at me:eek:

Wonder what happens when high waves occur---surfing on stage with skateboards...sounds interesting. Thanks for the info.:)

I'm sure that if it gets too bad, there will be announcement that begins something like

"Due to the present rough seas, tonights presentation of Tubez has been cancelled. Because we're sure that many of you are disappointed in this cancellation, the Capt would like me to offer you a certificate for a free cruise as compensation. These will be available in all lounges, as well as free complimentary drinks for the remainder of this cruise. We are sorry for the inconvenience, and know you have many choices of cruise lines, when you cruise, so this is our way of saying Thank You for choosing NCL."

No wait, that was a dream I had (and a nightmare to the stockholders)

-Monte

Golly, they're only people on wheels, skates that is.

It's got to be safer than watching large cats perform.:eek:

P.S. When the Spirit was the Superstar Leo just a few years ago, live animals, especially large cats, were the show.....:cool:

Now, I could understand wanting to watch that show from the balcony.;)

Archived