Luggage weight

djm719

Does anyone know the maximum weight of a piece of luggage before you have to pay extra?

If you're talking weight for flight, I think it's 50 lb. My son had to put some of his shoes in my luggage because he was at 55 lbs. I don't think there is a weight limit for the ship. :)

50 lbs per bag (2 per person) on most domestic flights. 40 lbs (one per person, plus a purse!) for your carry-on bag (if you have one!)

On the ship, you're allowed 200 lbs per person--but if you need that much stuff, well......

it is 50 lb for the airlines, and trust me we have payed the price, just go with the 2 pieces per person to be safe, and just remember that if you are going to buy stuff to watch the weight on the way home, if you are traveling with golf clubs dont be afraid to put alot of non-golf stuff in there as those are not weighed.

200 lbs per person on the cruise ship....thought about this for a while....scuba gear could weigh 50 lbs....golf clubs could weigh 75 to 100 lbs....so I guess if you are not a scuba diving golfer it would not be a major concern if you drove to the port....

Hi there, I know that American Airlines charged me an additional $25.00 That was at LaGuardia (NY), but in Miami I was told to pack lighter next time. I think that they charge $25.00 if the bag is between 50 and 75lbs and $50.00 if the bag is between 75 and 100 lbs. I didn't know that at the time, it was only my second time flying.

Delta it's 50 lbs per suitcase limit 2 suitcase per person, carry-on 40 lbs. Last week when to flew to Las Vegas I watched people in front of us rearrange there suitecases as they were over the limit and they didn't want to pay the extra, they were throwing things away.

Christine

200 lbs per person on the cruise ship....thought about this for a while....scuba gear could weigh 50 lbs....golf clubs could weigh 75 to 100 lbs....so I guess if you are not a scuba diving golfer it would not be a major concern if you drove to the port....

Golf clubs, bag, towel, extra balls(for the ones that go swimming), tees, etc. come out to be around 25 lbs.

Where are you getting 75-100 lbs. from? Do you hit that many balls in the water?

we have flights booked by RCI with british airways and the allowance it states is 70lbs - however the connecting flight on our booking is BA via american airlines....anyone hazard a guess then what we need to stick to?

Madkitty - Since you'll be flying "international," I believe the weight limit is 70 lbs (vs. the 50 lb limit for domestic). I'd recommend calling your airline to be sure, but I think you'll be fine, even though you're connecting on an AA flight. I'm assuming you'll be booked "straight thru" so you won't have to re-check in somewhere on the way. I'd just call to be safe.

Golf clubs, bag, towel, extra balls(for the ones that go swimming), tees, etc. come out to be around 25 lbs.

Where are you getting 75-100 lbs. from? Do you hit that many balls in the water?

Actually not a golfer I asked someone else who golfs everywhere for weight on golf gear maybe I misunderstood him or he misunderstood me. (Maybe he does hit that many in the water? LOL)

Archived