How cancell my cruise?

Nata

Hi ,

If I need to cancel my cruise and I have my protection plan ins, what should I said to Carnival representative when I"ll call.:confused:

thanks.

If you booked with CCL just call and tell them you need to cancel and why.If you booked with a TA you'll need to call them to cancel it for you. They probably send you a form to fill out.

Bill

I booked with CCL , so in case I need to cancel just call them ?

yogimax, how did you do it ?

yes just cal them and tell them you need to cancel. How much time til you cruise? I hope it's for a reason that is covered. You can't just cancel because you can't get it of work etc.

Bill

We suppost to leave on 11/24/06

I called them today and they told me if it's not preexisting condition they will cover my cost.

If not till 11/16 i will lose 50% .

I just got surgery last week I really don't feel well.

Any ideas how to cancell with out penalty.

Thanks.

First, cancel as soon as you can. Call your TA or Carnival to do that.

Second, Carnival will give you 50% of your fare back until 11/16, regardless of reason for canceling.

Third, the insurance will cover the remaining amount if its a covered cancellation, but you will have to contact your insurance company and fill out a claim form. Your doctor will need to put in writing that you are too ill to go on the cruise.

We suppost to leave on 11/24/06

I called them today and they told me if it's not preexisting condition they will cover my cost.

If not till 11/16 i will lose 50% .

I just got surgery last week I really don't feel well.

Any ideas how to cancell with out penalty.

Thanks.

If the surgery was not planned when you booked, it is not a pre-existing condition. Talk to your doctor and get a statement that you have not recovered enough to travel.

We were thinking about cancelling our cruise on 12/03 because we found out after final payment that my dad is terminal. When we were talking to the insurance company they would not say if they would cover it because of it maybe being a pre-existing condition even though it was not diagnosed until after final payment. (the doctors had been running test for about 6 months and said they could not find anything)

We have a similar situation. May need another surgeryand be unable to cruise. I booked with Carnival, they said if we have to cancel they will issue us a credit good for one year. That's not bad, I hear that a lot of the insurance companies now have the option of giving you a credit rather than cash back. It's in the fine, small print. I also found out that blue cross will cover emergency evacuation from a ship, you have to pay the provider first and blue cross will reimburse.

I had to cancel my April 2006 cruise because my dog needed emergency surgery. I just called my PVP and told him why I couldn't go on my cruise . . . no problem. Puppy dog is all better and I did get go on another cruise in September . . .

We have a similar situation. May need another surgeryand be unable to cruise. I booked with Carnival, they said if we have to cancel they will issue us a credit good for one year. That's not bad, I hear that a lot of the insurance companies now have the option of giving you a credit rather than cash back. It's in the fine, small print. I also found out that blue cross will cover emergency evacuation from a ship, you have to pay the provider first and blue cross will reimburse.

I just got a breast biopsy surgery ,

do you think is it preexisting condition or not for ins?

I did't have any ideas when I booked a cruise that I'll have this surgery.

Was the diagnosis made prior to purchasing insurance? If not, it's not an insurable risk. You can't buy insurance after a car accident or when the fire is just in the kitchen.

In Sep 06 I purchase a cruise + ins, in Oct. I had visit my doc and she send me to mamagram, and then I got my surgery.

Thank God, it's not a cancer.

You're covered. I miss spoke before. Diagnosis needs to be after purchasing insurance. Just read my post and it confused me. LOL So happy that it was benign. Actually, you may be ready for a cruise after all that.

Archived