On Board Account ?

Bases5

When your on a vista class ship can you look up your account on your TV.

Also we have friends traveling with us who do not have credit cards, If I put all there accounts on my credit card will I be able to tell who charge what. Isn't there different folio numbers?

What does Hal call there on board system?

:cool: as of last march on Noordam, you could not access your accounts on the tv but each person is issued an id card used for embarking and debarking and also used to purchase anyting aboard the vessel, the folios are broken down by each card making it a snap to keep track of who charged what. you can get a copy anytime during the cruise. that is how i can keep my wife honest

I just returned from Celebrity Constellation New England/Canada cruise, and while I can't speak for all Celebrity ships, the Connie does have your account on the TV and I checked it every night before retiring. It was a great way to make sure everything was in order, then we went down and paid the bill the last day at sea and checked the account to make sure it showed a zero balance the last night.

HAL really needs to look into doing this. It sure is convenient to be able to look at it right in your cabin., then if there is a problem go down to the desk.:D

When your on a vista class ship can you look up your account on your TV.

Also we have friends traveling with us who do not have credit cards, If I put all there accounts on my credit card will I be able to tell who charge what. Isn't there different folio numbers?

What does Hal call there on board system?

I talked to a HAL rep because we are taking my Sis and family in April and they do not have credit cards. HAL rep told me that I had several options:

1. I could just use my creidt card

2. They could use their bank debit card but it will be posted for daily fees for each of them (4) automatically from their account at the beginning of the cruise...and will be "balanced" at the end of the cruise.

HAL assesses/posts an automatic fee per day per passenger. When I asked if we could negotiate the fee since we have two teens traveling, they told me we could. We have decided to just put Sis and family on our account...and anything charged to their cabin will be identified separately (by cabin number). That gives them the opportunity to budget for on-board expenses without having to fork out the mandatory assessment at the beginning of the cruise.

You can go to the office from time to time and ask for a print out of the on-going bills. They will provide you with copies so they can see how much they are racking up that they will owe you.

There should be no problem having their spending applied to your credit card......as long as you have plenty of credit left on your card to handle it. (Which I am sure you do or you wouldn't be having this conversation. ;) )

Reminder*** HAL charges $10 per person per day for automatic tips. They should plan they will have to pay you for those tips in addition to whatever else they purchase. Just a reminder so they can plan that in their budget.

Have a great cruise.

I talked to a HAL rep because we are taking my Sis and family in April and they do not have credit cards. HAL rep told me that I had several options:

1. I could just use my creidt card

2. They could use their bank debit card but it will be posted for daily fees for each of them (4) automatically from their account at the beginning of the cruise...and will be "balanced" at the end of the cruise.

HAL assesses/posts an automatic fee per day per passenger. When I asked if we could negotiate the fee since we have two teens traveling, they told me we could. We have decided to just put Sis and family on our account...and anything charged to their cabin will be identified separately (by cabin number). That gives them the opportunity to budget for on-board expenses without having to fork out the mandatory assessment at the beginning of the cruise.

You have a whole other option here. Your Sis like many others, travel without credit cards and/or choose not to use their Visa which is linked to their bank account. My recommendation (and this is what I have done and continue to do) is pay using travelers cheques by placing the amount with the front desk right after you board. HAL uses a baseline of $120 per cabin (2 ppl) per day. A 10 day cruise would be $1200 ($200 for the auto tip). That should be sufficient unless you consume a great deal of alcohol. Either way, you can always place more cash on your account at any time. We did a 16 day cruise, put $2000 down, had a great time and still got $300 back at the end of the cruise. There is no regulation or requirement that you have a credit card to get on the ship.

We were just on the Westerdam. There are a few touch screen kiosks built into the wall in public areas that you can book excursions. They also have an option to go look at and print out your bill to date. Not as convenient as what we had on the Miracle, but nice option to the front desk.

Archived