Thank You Cruisers!! This Board is Awesome!

dznygrl

I've been lurking around these boards for a few months now, gathering info for our next vacation. We are booked on the Noordam 11-day Caribbean cruise out of NYC on 3/31/07. Our original cabin was assigned as 4170 (VD cat), but we were looking at upgrading to VC for a different location. However, after reading the boards and discovering the "secret" extra large verandahs for cabins 4164 and 4166 on Vista class ships, I was able this week to move to 4164 - same cat., huge balcony, no extra cost. Woo-hoo! We would never have discovered this info without this board.

Thank you thank you thank you - and we CAN'T WAIT for our cruise!

I've been lurking around these boards for a few months now, gathering info for our next vacation. We are booked on the Noordam 11-day Caribbean cruise out of NYC on 3/31/07. Our original cabin was assigned as 4170 (VD cat), but we were looking at upgrading to VC for a different location. However, after reading the boards and discovering the "secret" extra large verandahs for cabins 4164 and 4166 on Vista class ships, I was able this week to move to 4164 - same cat., huge balcony, no extra cost. Woo-hoo! We would never have discovered this info without this board.

Thank you thank you thank you - and we CAN'T WAIT for our cruise!

Congrats on snagging that special cabin!

Will definitely post a review when we return! I don't often frequent message boards because they tend to be hogged by complainers and naysayers, but this bunch seems amazingly friendly and helpful.

This will only be our 2nd cruise together, we have done caribbean/mexican/hawaiian resorts in the past. We really wanted an adult oriented cruiseline that wasn't too snooty or old fogey (or unaffordable!). So far it seems that HAL really fits the ticket.

Did the Disney Magic a few years ago - ship was absolutely gorgeous and service/entertainment was impeccable, but wayyyyyy too many parents let their kids run rampant and unsupervised - we couldn't figure out why, when the cruiselines have such fantastic kids' programs. Shoot, WE wanted to be in the Oceaneer Club! After having a lady change her baby and leave the dirty diaper next to us on the bar at the adult pool

:eek: , screaming kids racing outside our cabin at 3am several nights in a row, and my getting knocked down some stairs by a pack of preteens, I was a nervous wreck. We expected and were fine with having lots of children onboard, we weren't idiots, but we were unprepared for the lack of parental discipline.

Everything we have read and heard about HAL and the Noordam sounds wonderful and we are so excited. I will check in the roll call thread, thanks for reminding me about it!

Archived