Oriental Purse - Suggestions Please

Ladies! Our next cruise is not until April on the new Princess Caribbean, however, I received vouchers yesterday from Celebrity for $800! So I'm booking a Celebrity cruise this year! I never expected this!

Anyhow, I would like to buy a small 4 x 6ish oriental clutch-type purse for one of my oriental dresses. Web site suggestions? :p :p :p

I saw the cutest little evening bag at Steinmart yesterday, on sale, too. It was a black and white pattern in the shape of a Chinese take-out box! That might be taking things a bit too far, though. I would suggest an envelope style bag, something that blends in with your dress. You have a lot of time to look, take advantage of department store sales, I find prices are much better there than the internet.

Hi Janet:)...wow, girl, one Celebrity Cruise and you have 800 bucks worth of vouchers?

I have sailed 3 Celebrity and 1 Royal (same corporation)....wish they would send me something:confused:

Anyway...you won't believe this..but then again, maybe you will....Target has a section...within the purses/accessories that have some oriental style things....

Check it out:)

I've also seen the little take-out box purse and love it. I don't remember which catalog. I get so many. I'll look for it if you're interested. It comes in several colors, I think and is brocade, about the size you're looking for and definitely eveningish. $19.95, I think.

Tarrrr geaaaa! Yes, Lois, ;) I should have known! ;)

Lois - I sent X a letter after our cruise in March and told them that I was disappointed with the answer that the Maitre d' gave me when I verbalized my discontent at the folks who were NOT dressed properly for the dining room. He was actually quite argumentive! :mad: Well, wouldn't you know, out of the clear blue last week, I rec'd a letter from X with two vouchers for DH and I, worth $400 each. I was pleasantly surprised! And what a wonderful letter, too! :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the "chinasprout" site - found some lovely things there.

One of the girls at work just purchased an oriental bag at WalMart for around $10. It's rather nice, but it wasn't what I was looking for. But for the $$$ you can't go wrong. For some reason, I seem to be into the oriental flare lately.:p

Hi Janet:)....I found a beautiful pair of gold slacks.....in a silk...with tonal embroidery on them.....(gold on gold)....definitely has that oriental look....

and a black silk top..its a pullover with sort of embellishment on the shoulders..and they are black on black. (the embellishment)...and both were ON SALE:D

Pretty black shoes and nice jewelery I am wearing this outfit on one of the informal nights.

Hey Lois! ;) Sounds wonderful! You must be getting soo ooooo excited for your upcoming cruise! Me too!!!

Did you gals see QVC last night, 8 p.m.ish? I purchased for $41 that denim embroidery outfit, skirt and jacket. It was offered in black, which is the color I chose. Can't wait for it to arrive. I love QVC!!! :p :p :p

Archived