GOOD ITALIAN restaurant in Fort Lauderdale:

SEPyle

We have a group on the 9/18 Century and are meeting for dinner in Fort Lauderdale on the 17th. I'm pretty sure I remember Lois mentioning a great Italian place to eat. Lois if you're out there, was it you? If not, does anyone else know of a good Italian place not far from the 17th Street area and not too outragiously priced?

Thanks in Advance!

Sharon

Hey Sharon,

I grew up near Ft. Lauderdale and it the restaurant you are thinking of:

Bravo Ristoranti Italiano

Bravo Ristoranti Italiano has served authentic Italian cuisine in this casual setting for more than a decade.

Address: 1515 SE 17th Street

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

Telephone: 954-523-9441

Fax: 954-523-9120

Category: Italian

Open: MON-FRI 11:30 am-11 pm.

SAT 5 pm-11 pm.

SUN 5 pm-10 pm.

Meals Served: Lunch. Dinner.

Max. Capacity: 228

Group Capacity: 60

Cost: Moderate

Other Info: Take Out. Catering. Reservations Accepted. Reservations Recommended. Full Bar on Site.

I couldn't remember the name either but remember the location and knowing the area found it at: http://fort.lauderdale.diningguide.net/. My boater friends love this place. Hope it helps.

Stacy

:) Hi...wow, sounds like suzzi is part of the FLL Chamber of Commerce:D

Anyway...yes, I ate there twice...both times were excellent....and I would eat there again too!

The restaurant is right on 17th Street in a shopping area called "THE QUAY".

Sharon...tell them Lois sent you;) just kidding...they wouldn't know me LOL

Hi Bill:)....its not too far from the Hyatt... its over the bridge...a cab will probably cost about 5 bucks.

You could walk it if you wanted to...but I wouldn't....LOL

If you are in the front of the Hyatt....go over the bridge...and you will see the Renaissance on the right side......the restaurant is in the same parking lot as the hotel. (Across the street is Embassy Suites).

Bon Apetite:)

Lois, thanks for the directions. We usually eat at that restaurant on the intercoastal that is right next to the Hyatt. And suzziecruisie thanks for the tip on the Italian restaurant, one can never visit too many Italian restaurants!!! :D

Bill

Hi Lillykat,

The name of the restaurant is Grille 66 & Bar (it's on the Hyatt Pier 66 website) and it has a very nice setting right on the intercoastal. It serves basically seafood and steaks, lamb, pork. It is a very short walk from the hotel through the parking lot to it (1/4 mile perhaps???). Just walking past all those beautiful boats is a treat in itself. There is also a casual dining cafe inside the hotel that serves pretty good breakfast, lunch, and dinners. I especially like the cafe's breakfasts, either buffet or ordering from the menu.

Bill

Hi Lilly...Bill is correct about Grille 66....I had drinks there in January after dinner at Bravo. By then it was probably close to 11pm.

I checked out the menu...Bill is correct...they have some nice choices but the prices are more than I would spend...but then again, its part of the Hyatt...so I would guess things would cost a pretty penney!

Lois, another question about Bravo. I called them today and they said the dinner menu is in the $15-$17 range, including salad and garlic rolls. Does that sound right? The consenses of our group is that we don't want to spend a mint on dinner and have food that we won't have on the ship. Does it sould to you that Bravo fits the bill for what I'm describing?

Thanks for your feedback!

Sharon

Sharon ~ another option is Il Mulino on Sunrise. It's a little less expensive (most pasta dishes are around $10); great menu and food -- the hot rolls with garlic butter drizzled over them are wonderful. But it would be a cab ride from 17th St (although a short ride). We eat here at least once when we're in Ft. Lauderdale.

Have a fabulous cruise!

~Host Anne

Hey all,

I also recomend Bimini Boatyard. It has some great Carribean flavor dishes and was one of my mom's favorite restaurants. Here is the review from yahoo travel, but if memory serves your dinner could be around $20-30 depending on what you get.

Phone: +1 954 525 7400

Open Hours: 11:30am-10:30pm Mon-Thu; 11:30am-11pm Fri-Sat; 11am-10pm Sun

Neighborhood: Port Everglades

Category: American & Caribbean, Specialty, Atmosphere

We accept: Visa, Mastercard, Amex

Overview of Bimini Boatyard

This dining gem is one of the 17th Street Causeway shopping and dining area's more popular destinations. Yacht and fancy car owners dressed in pastel colored clothing make it an oh-so happening spot. Try to snare an outdoor table for optimum people watching. Its menu possesses a California cuisine flare and includes salads, burgers, seafood, steaks, pasta dishes and gourmet pizzas. The Bimini bread and conch chowder enjoy "Do Not Miss" status.

Hope this helps. I am going to be down in Fort Lauderdale and Miami this next week to be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding next Saturday. If I eat anywhere great I will let you know.

Stacy

:D I recommend Bravo to anyone who wants a good meal, fun atmosphere and it is a place "where the locals eat"...to me that says ALOT....when you know the local folks go somewhere for dinner that usually means it is very good:)

Sharon, not sure I read your post correctly...are you implying 15.00 is high or reasonable for a full dinner?....tone is so hard to read on the internet:eek: .

15.00 bucks for a full meal, including salad and bread...sounds great to me:D You can spend more there...they have appetiziers, drinks, desserts...LOL just depends on what you feel like eating!

Thanks for all the help. Lois, I do feel $15 is reasonable for a full meal. Host Anne's suggestion of Il Mulino on Sunrise, sounds good too, but we would have to weigh the distance/cab ride.

Many of us will be staying at the AmeriSuites 17th Street (actually on 10th), so Bravo would be very convenient. Stacy, last year I also sailed on the Century and our CC friends met at Bimini Boatyard. I agree that it was good but the consensus is that we want to have a meal that we won't be experiencing on the Century.

I love these boards, our experiences help one another!

I just had a thought. It is such fun meeting people who we meet on these boards. People who cruise and don't have a cruise community like we do sure miss a fun and memorable aspect of cruising!

Thanks again for all the help!

Sharon

We have eaten at a wonderful Italian restaurant on Commerical Blvd called "Zuccarelli's" (sp?). Food was marvelous and moderately priced, but you would need to take a cab. They have been there at least 30-35 years and is family owned.

Hi Shirley and Gil:) ...Commercial Blvd is a good 15 to 20 minutes north of the pier area (17th Street)...unless you are staying in that northern part of FLL....the cab ride will be quite pricey.

Unless of course you have your own transportation;)

I have to second the suggestion to eat at Il Mulino....as far as I'm concerned, it's the best Italian place in Ft. Lauderdale. I have a friend who is an Italian translator and interpreter and she and and all her Italian friends love and recommend Mulino highly.

Thanks for your input Hilary!

It looks like we could have a decent size group (15 or even more). How big is IL Mulino? How big is it? I'm wondering if they take reservations, since it will be a Friday night?

Thanks for your help!

Sharon

It's a fairly good size restaurant but they don't take reservations. We have eaten here with big groups (10 - 15) before cruising and the wait was usually between 20 - 30 minutes. We've also eaten here with no wait. I'd try calling before you head over and getting your name on the list if you decide to try it. We have eaten at one big table and another time agreed to split into two tables.

Have a great time whatever you do!

~Anne

Archived