Mineral water for me !!!

eloyps

My mom also drinks nothing but mineral water (I mean like a fish!!). We always get her a soda card and she just periodically gets refills from any of the bars throughout the day and pours them into her larger water bottle/bottles. That way she always has some on hand. I guess technically it's seltzer water? but it suits her just fine for the week. :)

My mom also drinks nothing but mineral water (I mean like a fish!!). We always get her a soda card and she just periodically gets refills from any of the bars throughout the day and pours them into her larger water bottle/bottles. That way she always has some on hand. I guess technically it's seltzer water? but it suits her just fine for the week. :)

Mineral water and seltzer water are NOT the same thing.

Mineral water and seltzer water are NOT the same thing.

Shows how little I know... I get all those bubble waters confused :D At home she drinks Pellegrino but for the time were on the ship she was content with whatever sort of carbonated water they have at the bars.

Okay, what's the benefit of mineral water, does it taste better? I don't know since I've never tried it, but do know that one of my doctors in the Navy told me to take a mineral supplement when he found out I was drinking filtered, ozonated water in S. GA. The tap water down there is so hard that I used to get water by the 3 gallon jug from the machines at Wal-Mart and the Navy Exchange, they filter by reverse osmosis, charcoal bed, and then ozonate before they dispense it. That way my coffee pot would last longer than a month. I drink at least 3, and usually 4 liters of water a day since I've been dieting and wondered if there are any health benefits to drinking mineral water.

Pellegrino has just a little sodium and a little calcium, so not too much in the mineral department, but we do need both of those. It's really personal taste. Some people like the little sparkle, some like non-sparkling waters. I like Pellegrino and I like Voss too, and those are my tastes. I also think the ships water is pretty good too. If you think about it, water is a big business....

I mostly drink Pelligrino, LaCroix and Perrier. I was thinking of checking with Just Because of You to see if they could send a few bottle with my gift selection...hmmmm. Anyone successful with this?

I think iced tap water is just fine! We used to have a well--that water was to die for!!! Always cold and tasty (but VERY HARD--cleaning the stains and deposits it left was horrible!)

Now we're on "city water"--cleaning is a breeze, and you have to chill it, since it's seldom cold, but, hey--I'm not paying extra for something that flows from my tap!!!!

Here in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvaniastan, the water is quite good from the tap, about 500 ppm tds, not hard at all compared to some places that I've been. I love the soft water onboard ship, evaporator distilled water is usually about 50 ppm tds, almost no minerals. My earlier post was just curiousity, wondering if there was some health or taste benefit to drinking mineral water, since I've never tried it.

Archived