OT - NCL has the most interesting itineraries...

bepsf

Just saw this on CC:

*"10-Nt. Trans-Atlantic from $449 Inside & $667 for a Suite

Here's your chance to sail on one of NCL's newest ships on a remarkable trans-Atlantic voyage. You'll sail from London to Miami for 10 nights aboard Norwegian Pearl, all from an incredible $449 per person. Or have your very own balcony cabin from just $669 per person. Trans-Atlantic? $669 for a balcony? Are you kidding? Hurry, this offer will not last!

Sailing Date

December 2, 2006

Itinerary

Los Angeles

Cabo San Lucas

Mazatlan

Puerto Vallarta

Los Angeles

Rates

Inside from $449 per person

Oceanview from $549 per person

Balcony from $649 per person

Mini-Suite from $667 per person

Booking Information*

For information and reservations, contact...

Terms & Conditions*

Space is limited and subject to availability. Rates are based on double occupancy and do not include taxes. Offer may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice. Other restrictions may apply. All offers are for new bookings only."

I've always wanted to do a Transatlantic with stops in Mexico and LA....

;)

...why won't HAL do one???

:eek:

Hey Brian I wanted to add this will be the inaugural cruise and it has a rock climbing wall and a BOWLING ALLEY with 2 lanes I believe not minature full size. Also this ship is about the same size of the Noordam just a little bit heavier around the waist. Alo I think over 9 restaurants to eat at so you can try one each day or go crazy waiting in line FREESTYLE:eek::eek::eek:

Paul

10-night, London to Miami, via LA & Mexico? How many azipods is on that thing?? :confused: It must be flying! :D

Sounds like an adventurous 10 days to me! And the price is right...!

<Sheesh. Gotta love proofreaders, bless their hearts!>

Paul ;)

I'm still curious to know how/what they'd do with the bowling balls in heavy seas. My guess is it'll probably be closed more than it's open. I suppose time will tell...

NCL Bowling at Sea Q&A:

Is it OK to play the other guy's lane if the ship moves suddenly?

Yes, as long as he's not looking.

Do we get re-do's for gutter-balls?

Our lanes don't have gutters: we put the extra liferafts where the gutters would be to keep the balls in the center of your lane.

Do I win a prize for getting a Turkey?

Guess what's for Dinner?* Gobble-Gobble...

If the ship moves suddenly and all the pins fall over, does that count as a strike?

No, it means that you need to proceed to your lifeboat station immediately.

:rolleyes:

I don't understand. Is the bowling OPTIONAL formal? Do I need to wear a formal bowling gown? Can I wear bowling jeans? What about ripped and torn bowling jeans? Is there an extra charge for Japanese bowling?

If we miss the stop in Puerta Vallarta on the way from London to Miami, do we get an OBC? Will we be assessed a mandatory gratuity? What does mandatory mean anyway? Does it mean "optional"? Is a gratuity a tip, or a service charge, or some kind of Norwegian custom?

I'm sorry, but I'm having a very hard time comprehending the Freestyle concept. Does it mean that someone will come on deck and ring a dinner bell for four consecutive hours? Do I just go to a table and wait until more people come? What about the buffet- is it OPTIONAL formal? What is the connection between the buffet and bowling?

Please help me. It's all so confusing.

Just saw this on CC:

*"10-Nt. Trans-Atlantic from $449 Inside & $667 for a Suite

[/size][/font]

I only wish. But I can understand why the rates are so cheap ... this is pretty "last minute." Compound the fact that I sadly have no more vacation time this year, with NCL's single supplements of 200% and inadequate lead time to find a cabinmate to share the voyage ... this is sadly one deal that I can not take advantage of ... as much fun as it would be to try an NCL sailing.

But I agree ... this is a great deal for people who can leave on short notice.

Blue skies ...

--rita

It is a great deal, but I am not certain I want to cross the Atlantic in

December plus we will be on the Amsterdam. We paid a heck of a lot more for ours than the NCL cruise. We paid a heck of a lot more to sail NCL, Northern Transatlantic last fall as well. It is really a great deal. The ship is the sister to the Jewel so should be aboslutely beautiful.

NMnita

I was reading about the tour of the Norwegian Pearl from Southampton/London to Miami yesterday but didn't see prices.

Funny was the (standard) remark about excurses only beeing booked on board etc.

But this tour has only 8 days on sea. There isn't any stop between England and Florida.

Archived