Mariner - so what do u wanna know?

Bowlersbus

I know sometimes there are questions that seem obvious to me, and I can't find the answers ANYWHERE on here.

So here's your chance!

I am getting ready to sail the

MARINER OF THE SEAS

this SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19th.

WESTERN - ITINERARY.

So ask away! I will try to find out the answers for you. Since this is a holiday sailing I am sure it will be beyond packed. I am running to the pursers desk as soon as we board to obtain one of the "cyber cabin" hook ups so if I am one of the lucky ones, I'll try to post as we sail!

I do know that I have full intentions of getting the KIDS OCEAN ADVENTURE COMPASSES for all groups. That has been the hardest thing to find on cruise critic.

NO, but one of the families in our group have connecting Promenade rooms. They are on deck 8. What deck are you on? I have heard that the Deck 6 cabins can hear some of the Parade music.

I will get the answer for you.

A concern they had, was what was the view from their location.

Bowlersbus, we have three PR connecting cabins on deck 8 for October 2007. Would love to know where the connecting doors are and if this takes away from the available free space in the room. Also, how tight is the space betwee the bed and the desk area? One of our cabins will be two single males...what is the bed configuration when set up as twin beds instead of queen. We are in 8601, 8603, and 8605...near the atrium stairs on the aft end of the promenade. Any info on these or other rooms in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much and enjoy your cruise. Bon Voyage!

We are cruising 02/11/07, also the WC.

I would like to see some menus, of both dinring room and room service, or any other place you feel is noteworthy. We do plan to go to steak and may be the italion place, too, but I would like to know if it's really needed/worth to pay the extra money.

I'm jealous. This is our first cruise after 11 years of marriage and is "almost" a spur of the moment decision for us. Hopefully pur youngest one will be weaned by then, but I know my wife will still worry about him being without her for just over a week.

edit

I would expect the dining room to be of Carrabba's/Longhorn quality, the buffet of Olive Garden/Applebee's quality, but at least Western Sizzler/Golden Corral level. I read some of the Mariner reviews and am somewhat concerned that the quality of food might not hold up to that comparison, so your honest opinion would be much appreciated.

Oh and one more thing, did they really close the free frozen yoghurt bar?

bowlersbus

Greetings from your fellow proprietors in so. Illinois!!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

Can you ask Capt. Johnny if he will be on the ship the last week of May?

How do you get off work during the busy season? My customers would pitch a hissy about that if we were not "on duty" during league season.

Take it easy on the Mariner as we will be on her in May.

Please post a review when getting home.

We will be watching you on the computer leave Port Canaveral. Please wave at us. LOL

Tim & Crystal

One more question about dining:

Everybody says to sign up for the restaurants as quickly as possible. Can you sign up pre-boarding or do you have to wait until onboard? If you have to be onboard, where do you need to go, or can you do it over the phone from your room?

Hmm, that could be construed as more than one question, huh? :)

MTIA!!!

We are still considering either the Aventure or Mariner balcony cabin, but have a couple of questions:

1) On both ships do they have shower curtains or doors?

2) Do you get to use terry robes like on Carnival?

Thank you in advance!!

6inptc - if you are staying in a Grand Suite or higher you can pre-arrange with the concierge. They will email you a couple days prior to sailing.

Onboard you go to the restaurants - they are both at the entrance of the windjammer.

You can also call from your room when you board, sometimes that is tough getting through.

I do know from past experience that the first night is NEVER full you could walk in.

HB cruiser - its tough. We spend alot of money on wifi and cell bills. Our prob this time is one of our employees is also sailing with us.

I read on another post that Capt Johnny's last sailing on the Mariner was last week or so I thought I read. But i will be sure to ask.

This is one of the easier weeks to leave actually, our Wed lg likes to take the nite before off, so they can cook. Obviously Thurs is Turkey day and Fri, people are shopping or broke from shopping.

1) Noise from promenade?

2) Ocean Adventure Compasses for all age groups.

3) Space in the PR rooms.

4) Bar Menu from Vintages

5) Menu's

6) Capt Johnny duration of sailing, be there the last week of May

7) Shower curtains or doors

8) Use of robes?

Hey Bowlersbus...thanks for doing this. We are on the ship 1/14/07. My questions are:

How much are the wine packages you can buy onboard and how much might we save by pre-buying as opposed to ordering single bottles in the dining room?

I just read another thread talking about overcharges on your check-out bill on the ship. I'll be curious to see if you experience that too. (Guess that's not a question:) ).

Hope to read a "live from" while you are onboard. May the seas be calm for you.

Nancy

I can help out with the noise question. We were in 8603 and did not have any problems with noise You could see the parade but not really hear it. The connecting door is not a problem I don't remember exactly the layout but it didin't take away from the cabin. I like the feeling of extra space with the window seat and window in the PR cabins.

We love the Mariner and have been on her twice, going again in Oct. 07 Halloween cruise!

Debbie

Bowlersbus - we're on the Mariner for a Western cruise in Feb 07 - thanks for doing this and have a great trip! The dining room menu question has already been asked, but I'm also very interested to find out the "food theme" of each night in the main DR. I'm not sure how to decide which night(s) to reserve the specialty restaurants. And as someone else asked, please give your opinion of the dining room food. Wow - I know food likes and dislikes is subjective, but reading some of the newer Mariner reviews last night made me a little nervous. Please tell us it isn't really that bad! LOL

Archived