Topless sunbating on Westerdam

FunCouple50

We just fininshed our first (and Last) HAL cruise on the Veendam. There was a topless deck on the Celebrity the last time we sailed with them. No topless deck on HAL.

Number one, due to the advanced age of the vast majority of HAL passengers, getting up the stairs to the Sky Deck would be a big problem.:confused:

Number two, due to the advanced age of the vast majority of HAL passengers, a topless deck would be scary:eek: :eek: :eek:

You could go topless on the Sky Deck on the Veendam, nobody is ever up there.

We just fininshed our first (and Last) HAL cruise on the Veendam. There was a topless deck on the Celebrity the last time we sailed with them. No topless deck on HAL.

Number one, due to the advanced age of the vast majority of HAL passengers, getting up the stairs to the Sky Deck would be a big problem.:confused:

Number two, due to the advanced age of the vast majority of HAL passengers, a topless deck would be scary:eek: :eek: :eek:

You could go topless on the Sky Deck on the Veendam, nobody is ever up there.

Just curious- why is it your last cruise on HAL?

It's been my observation that ALL of the decks on ALL of the HAL ships are topless... but they do practice discrimination... they're topless for males only...

And some of those breasts are larger than some of the womens! :D:eek:

Ever hear Benny Hill do his German joke about 'floppentitzen'? It applies here!

Well, on one HAL cruise, we liked the little sun deck at the back of the ship. We frequently shared it with a German lady who liked to sunbathe topless. Nobody said anything to her about it.

Of course she was well over 70 and weighed over 200 pounds ... so she did not exactly attract an obnoxious crowd of male gawkers ... ;)

Maybe I made a mistake booking on HAL. Is it really as stuffy as all of you make it seem? Hubby and I like to experience a little fun, romance and adventure while on vacations. Once in a while I like to remind the old man why he married me 25 years ago.

FunCouple50 - While there are many older folks (70+) on HAL cruises, there will be "younger" people on HAL, especially the shorter itineraries. I'm 52 and my husband is 60. We are also on the Westerdam (leaving Ft. Lauderdale on 12/10). Don't know if there is a topless sunbathing area on the ship but, if you are going to St. Maarten/St.Martin, you will be able to sun as you wish on the French side.:)

If you want topless (and bottomless for that matter) when on HAL, make sure the ship stops at St. Maarten and go the the Orient Beach to the far right as you face the water, so I've heard.... :) Marc

P.S. great happy hour around noon at one of the drink shacks on the beach - two frozen drinks for the price of one.

If you want topless (and bottomless for that matter) when on HAL, make sure the ship stops at St. Maarten and go the the Orient Beach to the far right as you face the water, so I've heard.... :) Marc

P.S. great happy hour around noon at one of the drink shacks on the beach - two frozen drinks for the price of one.

Boy you sure have "heard " a lot about this place *LOL* :)

Maybe I made a mistake booking on HAL. Is it really as stuffy as all of you make it seem? Hubby and I like to experience a little fun, romance and adventure while on vacations. Once in a while I like to remind the old man why he married me 25 years ago.

Probably just boring ol' me but I fail to see what that has to do with being able to sunbath topless on a deck full of HAL's geriatric crowd :rolleyes: - or is that the adventure part and I'm missing the boat in my forties?

HAL is not that stuffy really; there are scooter races on Navigation Deck just about any afternoon after the mandatory naps, strip shuffleboard twice a week, and you haven't lived on the wild side until you've seen/participated in a game called Sea Quest:eek:

Once on Carnival I got enough nerve to check out the topless deck. Sure enough there were sunbathers young and intermediate that wanted other guys to look at them:D so I descretly did so with sun glasses on and sitting to the side along the railing.

After being there about 10 minutes some guy, probable 60ish grabs a chair and locates it where the smoke stacks:D were blocking the sun facing directly toward the beauties and admires the scenery.

If going topless makes a difference then yes, you choose the wrong cruiseling and what does going topless on the ship have to do with reminding the old man why he married you? You can book a veranda cabin and remind him why he married you. As has been said, Carnival is about the only line that has a topless deck, so I guess all the rest of the lines are stuffy. Why don't you consider a vacation at one of the adult, all inclusive resorts in Jamaica or Dominican Republic? As some others have suggested if your cruise stops in St Martin you will enjoy the Orient Beach, but while on the ship and in public, please keep your cloths on. NMNita

Archived