Review of the June 21 Jewel of the Seas - British Isles/Norwegian Fjords cruise

We have finally finished our review of the June 21 – July 3, Jewel of the Seas - British Isles/Norwegian Fjords cruise. It was a wonderful cruise. Click on the link to our website in the signature to check it out. Once you get to the website click on the button labeled “Brit Isles/Fjords”. In addition to the pictures in the review, we have uploaded about 750 additional pictures to Ofoto.com. The link is at the end of the review. We are still trying to finish putting comments on some of the pictures, but we thought that since the review was done, we might as well publish what we had.

Thanks for a great review.

I live in England and was very interested in your trip to London. I am glad that it was not dull and foggy! In fact foggy London is a throwback to the first half of the last century, when coal fires where predominant, Since a clean air Act of Parliament in the 1950s there are very few fogs in London, usually only in November. It is only Americans who think that 'foggy London town' still exists.

Cinnamon

Cinnamon,

Thanks for the kind words. I wasn't concerned about fog as much as I expected rain. Like I said, we are glad that we now have a wonderful opinion of London and want to return there.

It is amazing to think about the misconceptions we all harbor about other countries and their people. Even with today's wonderful intercontinental communication, we still don't understand until we visit that we are all basically the same.

Another misconception that vanished after our visit to your lovely country was thinking that the British do not have an active sense of humor. I found everyone that I met to be quite jolly and very friendly.

I am very anxious to return as I would like to explore the countryside. My great grandfather was from Oldham, and I would like to visit that area.

Again, thank you for taking the time to read the review.

Mike & Carol,

Thanks so much for posting such a helpful review. It must have taken hours to so thoroughly write your review.

We will be on the same ship & itinerary next year so thanks so much,

Kim

Thank you so much for your review. Next year we will be doing some of the ports that you reviewed even though traveling on Celebrity. Your reveiws were very helpful. Thanks again for your hard word. Lynn

Your review and pictures were wonderful - made me want to go back again. I did the Fjords on the Noordam in June but we only went up as far as Vik and Flam - is it worth it to continue further up North. Would be interested in replies. Thanks

mrssbi,

I am glad you enjoyed the review. Geiranger was our favorite sightseeing excursion in Norway, but since we didn't go further North, I really can't say if it gets better. It is an interesting question. Perhaps you can find someone that has been on the cruises that go to the Arctic Circle that can give you a good answer.

Archived