What's the knob next to the bed?

Poohb

go to the Search Forum and put in keyword 'sneakers' and username 'poohb' or I think you'll find it under Celebrity Cruises on June 25th. A simple question from me, the first time cruiser, created a BIG discussion/argument.

You folks are soo funny. Thanks Bottled for helping out. Maybe I tried turning the knob when I told DH to see the green glow...no wonder he never saw it. My luggage was waiting at my cabin door when I got on ship. So NO I DID NOT WEAR MY SNEAKERS ! With the way some ppl were dressed in tanktops and shortshorts, no one would have noticed anyway.

That sneaker thread has to be one of the classics! This board is such good entertainment.

I think I'll start hanging out on the Celebrity board- many colorful characters and topics!!

Now for a classic thread, check this one out!
I tried, but got a curious error message:
LoneStar72, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
John

OOhh....the moderators must have shut the discussion down. It was a heated discussion about how to 'keep children from taking over the elevators'.
Yeah, I'd watched that thread in "Ask a Cruise Question" -- there were several hundred replies. Usually when a thread gets too big, the moderators just lock it (prohibits new replies), and it slowly sinks in the listings. But I guess the discussion got too heated. Here's a link to the beginning of the thread on the old boards.

And now, back to our regularly-scheduled program: what is that knob for?

John

My DH thinks it might be a type of-what in his line of work-is called a potentiometer (sp?) better known in that industry as a 'pot'. Okay folks, start the new jokes on this one.

I think there is a hidden camera there that spies on us while we are standing there trying to figure out what that dang thing is. Then the crew sits back and has a good laugh watching us make fools of ourselves!

[quote name='cruisinqt']I think there is a hidden camera there that spies on us while we are standing there trying to figure out what that dang thing is. Then the crew sits back and has a good laugh watching us make fools of ourselves![/QUOTE]
Whoa! Now we'll definitely cover it up on our honeymoon!!! :D

I think I recall such a knob in our summit room. I thought it was a volume for the announcement speaker. One person noted that Celebrity doesn't have announcements, which is true for the ad type announcements, but I thought they did have captains announcements a couple times a day giving arrival/departure/cruising info and such.

I think the theory of it being a speaker is right on the money. Just press on the speaker button and say "beam me up Scotty!" ( We've got to give those folks with the hidden cameras something to laugh about, right?)

Hey karfest that was great. I am surprised that when your husband pulled the cord that the ship didn't immediately slam on its brakes, all people thrown forward, water empties out of pools, etc. That's what a cord does on the subway. lol

[quote name='tammar']I am surprised that when your husband pulled the cord that the ship didn't immediately slam on its brakes, all people thrown forward, water empties out of pools, etc. That's what a cord does on the subway. lol[/QUOTE]

They have pools on the subway?! ;)

Archived