What's the knob next to the bed?

Poohb

I hadn't checked on this thread lately- I'm glad it's still going. We manage to have fun with the oddest things on this board!

We had a heck of a time on our Dawn cruise trying to figure out the lights. It was our first time in a suite and there are switches everywhere! I guess we are better suited to rooms with simple hardware:)

I can't believe this is still going either. I still don't have a definite answer (probably the speaker control) but I will ask the next time I'm cruising. I think we are hooked after 1 cruise but next one will be Panama Canal with more cruising and less 'excursioning' ( I hope). I have to research but think we'll be doing a trip longer than 1 week.

Now i'm not very technical but from the looks of the picture, it seems that the "knob" is on the same wall as the bathroom, so possibly the "knob" may have something to do with being able to access the plumbing in the bathroom.
If I'm right I should win some kind of prize!

Poohb,
You just have to keep it going first the sneakers now the knob! Keep up the good work. I loved reading this post! By the way DH had the same question also. Good thing he didn't see some of the answers here it might have given him so ideas! We going on a TA Sept 2005, why don't you join us it sounds like a fun group that is going. I agree with you on the sea days and this has 5 or more of them. It was great to meet you at the CC party. I am sorry I didn't run into you again. We also want to do the Panama Canal but the price was great on this one! Pam

Hi Pam ! you're right, I'm sorry too that we didn't run into each other again. I felt bad that I had booked the spa app't before finding out about the party & had to leave early. BTW, I seem to have a knack for asking the questions that cause trouble. I think that gives you a hint about what I'm like..(an instigator.)
I'm sorry I don't understand. What's a TA? Where's it going? I'm still a newbie ya know..I thought it stood for travel agent.

Hugs,,,,you looked great !!!!!

I'm sitting here reading these posts outloud to my husband dying laughing.
He said he thinks it adds $1.00 onto your bill every time you turn the knob, regardless whether it is turned left or right. Did you check your bill?

OOppppps better check my creditcard statement. We twirled that thing alot....both ways. Never tuned in to any radio stations, didn't even get static - except from DH deciding what it was. 8-) Do you think it's for changing AM/FM or AC/DC? Hmmmm something more to think about.

A TA is a transatlantic. We are starting in England and ending up in New Jersey. Cheaper for 2 of us with air then 1 of us doing Alaska. It is Sept 05. We will be leaving out of Newark,NJ. So join us! Pam

Nope...GLW that's not it. It's not a button to push, it's a knob that turns.

HAHAHA Lonestar. I had to do a dbl read also..I think she's flying out from Newark to start.

After 12 cruises I thought I had seen it all, including the Celebrity toilet lights. But this thread proved me wrong. Here's my guess:

This knob is used to determine the "Most Frequent Cruiser". You start out with 100 points in your cabin. Each time you turn the knob 10 points is subtracted from your total at the pursers desk. On the night of the Repeat Cruiser party the couple with the most points left wins the bottle of bubbly! It is obvious they know this knob is useless from their previous cruises. So keep turning as I want to win in January!

Archived