Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

You can go to tourcozumel(dot)com to visit their web site (it is currently being worked on, but should be fully operational within a week) or contact Carrie at tourcozumel@hotmail.com. (Tell her Kim sent you) She is fantastic!

I tried tourcozumel(dot)com and I don't think that is the correct web address. That takes you to explorecozumel(dot)com. I think you want tourcozumel(dot)net. I think this is the web site that is being updated. The email address is good.

I tried tourcozumel(dot)com and I don't think that is the correct web address. That takes you to explorecozumel(dot)com. I think you want tourcozumel(dot)net. I think this is the web site that is being updated. The email address is good.

zuzu320~

Thank you.....you are correct. I just received an email from Carrie with the new address too. As you stated... the web site is still being updated, but should be up and running very soon. ;)

We want to do "The Twister" as a group (they have a great discount rate for groups of 10-20!!), but are going to do the VIP tour instead (Plan B) if I can't get enough people for the group.
Just curious at how much cheaper the group 'twister' price is? I noticed it is being offered thru Carnival for my Glory cruise in November at $69 pp. (no food or alcohol just water/sodas included).

How much is the Beach Adventure VIP - I guess if we don't want the boat ride and want food/drinks this would be the way to go?

Also wondering about the snorkelling off the beach? Any input greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Froufie

Just curious at how much cheaper the group 'twister' price is? I noticed it is being offered thru Carnival for my Glory cruise in November at $69 pp. (no food or alcohol just water/sodas included).

How much is the Beach Adventure VIP - I guess if we don't want the boat ride and want food/drinks this would be the way to go?

Also wondering about the snorkelling off the beach? Any input greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Froufie

Froufie,

We are gonna do Passion Island later this year. I booked it independently and got a great price! www.***** is where I booked it. We are doing the Beach Adventure. The price was $70. I noticed on their website that they book the twister with food and drinks included! I'm not too sure about snorkeling.....hope this helps.

Thanks for the info - but doesn't $70 pp seem awfully expensive for a visit to a beach? We are not big drinkers and I guess there is nothing much included except transportation, beach chair/access and food and drink - unless we eat and drink a lot it does not seem worth it? ($140 for 2 of us???) http://www.isla-pasion.com/beach_adv.html

If we do plan to do I guess we can book it thru Carnival and at least get the boat ride included in the price!

I have also sent an email to Carrie confirming website info and asking about the snorkelling opportunities!

Thanks for the info - but doesn't $70 pp seem awfully expensive for a visit to a beach? We are not big drinkers and I guess there is nothing much included except transportation, beach chair/access and food and drink - unless we eat and drink a lot it does not seem worth it? ($140 for 2 of us???) http://www.isla-pasion.com/beach_adv.html

If we do plan to do I guess we can book it thru Carnival and at least get the boat ride included in the price!

I have also sent an email to Carrie confirming website info and asking about the snorkelling opportunities!

I to thought that but then took into consideration the taxi cost to another AI and its all the same,or more. IMHO pasiion is a better deal.

Thanks,

Froufie

Hi Froufie~

I noticed the other answers to the question...but wanted to expand on it a little for you. Carnival offers this tour on an individual basis and it doesn't include food or bar.......whereas Carrie (at tourcozumel) offers the Twister PLUS food & drink for $70. (a mere $1 difference) Unfortunately, the Twister is only available through her if you can book a group of 10-20 people though.

What you get:

a 1,000 HP boat ride (complete with 360's) that whisks you to a private island paradise. The ride takes about 20 minutes there and another 20 minutes back...which gives you about 4.5 hours on the island. The island has hammocks, palapas, chairs, paddle boats, kayaks, a water trampoline, a gift shop, the Mexican Buffet and bar, and more....

If you have already emailed Carrie for information...be prepared to be met with a professional and friendly attitude!! She has answered every question I've thought of with lightening fast speed and is fantastic!! (Even after I booked our tour with her, she continues to keep me updated!)

All of the tours that they offer are the same price and last for approx 5 hours total. The Twister gives you the most time on the island, as it takes less time to get there. The VIP tour gets you there by bus/boat...and gives you about 3.5-4 hrs on the island. The Jeep tour gives you about 3.5 hours of island time.

Hope this has helped to answer some of your questions......

Floridasunshine31,

to get to the boards where the ports are, just click on "boards" on the upper left hand corner of the page( In the cruise critic banner )and scroll down the page...you willl see where you can click on the ports. choose the port you want and you can find out all kinds of info on that port.

Hi Froufie~

I noticed the other answers to the question...but wanted to expand on it a little for you. Carnival offers this tour on an individual basis and it doesn't include food or bar.......whereas Carrie (at tourcozumel) offers the Twister PLUS food & drink for $70. (a mere $1 difference) Unfortunately, the Twister is only available through her if you can book a group of 10-20 people though.

What you get:

a 1,000 HP boat ride (complete with 360's) that whisks you to a private island paradise. The ride takes about 20 minutes there and another 20 minutes back...which gives you about 4.5 hours on the island. The island has hammocks, palapas, chairs, paddle boats, kayaks, a water trampoline, a gift shop, the Mexican Buffet and bar, and more....

If you have already emailed Carrie for information...be prepared to be met with a professional and friendly attitude!! She has answered every question I've thought of with lightening fast speed and is fantastic!! (Even after I booked our tour with her, she continues to keep me updated!)

All of the tours that they offer are the same price and last for approx 5 hours total. The Twister gives you the most time on the island, as it takes less time to get there. The VIP tour gets you there by bus/boat...and gives you about 3.5-4 hrs on the island. The Jeep tour gives you about 3.5 hours of island time.

Hope this has helped to answer some of your questions......

Hello, is this the same tour that Carnival has or had??:confused:

Floridasunshine31,

to get to the boards where the ports are, just click on "boards" on the upper left hand corner of the page( In the cruise critic banner )and scroll down the page...you willl see where you can click on the ports. choose the port you want and you can find out all kinds of info on that port.

Thank you for being so kind, I have not posted until tonight, but have been reading the boards a few times a week and some people can get mean if you ask a question. I did find the ports of call board and will ask more questions on that one. again thank you.

I think this is basically the same tour that Carnival HAD.. From what we have heard they no longer offer the tour...

I have also booked through Carrie and the website, Can't say enough good things about her! Agee with Kim on everything she says!!

Will be on Passion 6 days from now and Can't wait!!

Floridasunshine31~

I'll be sailing the Legend in June and have booked our excursion to Passion Island through tourcozumel(dot)net. You can contact Carrie (tell her Kim sent you) and she will help you with planning your day at Passion Island. ;)

We got to passion island by way of booking the twister excursion thru the ship (the only way you can).The company has a web site but they emailed me back saying I had to go thru the ship. I thought I might get it cheaper. Denied!!!

Passion Island is the destination whenever we go to Coz.

We got to passion island by way of booking the twister excursion thru the ship (the only way you can).The company has a web site but they emailed me back saying I had to go thru the ship. I thought I might get it cheaper. Denied!!!

Passion Island is the destination whenever we go to Coz.

Well........this is almost correct. Carnival used to offer more than one excursion to the island, but recent contract talks fell through. Carnival still has a contract to provide "The Twister to Passion Island" on an individual basis, but if you contact Carrie at (insert 3 w's)tourcozumel(dot)net she will tell you (in detail) about the 3 different tours to the island that they provide. You CAN go by way of the Twister, but only as a group of 10-20 people for $70pp. The other tours that they offer are the VIP, which is by bus & boat...and the Jeep Tour. All tours cost $70pp and last for approx 5 hours...the time you get to spend on the island depends on the tour that you choose to take (as travel times for each tour are different). Also, all of the tours that they provide include a Mexican Buffet and open bar......whereas the Twister (from Carnival) does not.

I think this is basically the same tour that Carnival HAD.. From what we have heard they no longer offer the tour...

I have also booked through Carrie and the website, Can't say enough good things about her! Agee with Kim on everything she says!!

Will be on Passion 6 days from now and Can't wait!!

CarribbeanTina~

Please post a review of your day at Passion Island when you return! I can't wait to go there myself...I have heard so many wonderful things about this tour. I know that Carrie is an exceptional employee who's top priority is customer satisfaction. (I booked our tour weeks ago, and she continues to email me 2-3 times weekly just to keep me posted.) :)

Correct the Carnival tour is just a ride to the Island.

Ken~

Are you back already? I can't wait to read your review of the island and all the work that is being done to upgrade it!! I have been lucky enough to find the extra people needed in order to book the Twister at the group rate and we are in the process of finalizing things as we speak. Did you have a chance to meet with Carrie? I would like to drop in on her while we are there, just to tell her personally how much I appreciate all the hard work she does. (I swear, I don't think the girl gets more than 4 hours sleep at night - she's always available!!) :)

Thank you for pointing me in her direction. ;)

My best friend and I will be at Passion Isle this Sat the 5th (wooohooo) :p and we also booked through Carrie. As Kim said tourcozumel dot net have plenty of choices and AI for a buck more than just the ride... Now I call that a deal...

If you haven't already contact her, we had very fast and friendly service, I am sure you won't be sorry.

I will be posting a review as soon as we return Monday.

Tina

Archived