Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

Hi Solita

How do you recommend getting to Paradise beach ? We will be arriving on the Legend of the Seas Dec 1st . We have twin 4 year old girls and was wondering if it was a ship tour or if it is something we can do on our own ?

Can't wait to see you .

Once again , does anyone want anything down there , we can try and bring it . I saw on some other boards spaghettos are needed :) , chucky soup and chocolate . We can do that !!!!:)

Caro:

I am UNBELIEVABLY disappointed to hear the news about Passion Island! It is absolutely my favorite place, and I have been going there every year for the last four years. I have such fond memories of the entire experience, including the fine staff. Do you think there any chance the excursion might resume by early March of next year? Please keep us posted about this beautiful island.

Hi Solita

How do you recommend getting to Paradise beach ? We will be arriving on the Legend of the Seas Dec 1st . We have twin 4 year old girls and was wondering if it was a ship tour or if it is something we can do on our own ?

Can't wait to see you .

Once again , does anyone want anything down there , we can try and bring it . I saw on some other boards spaghettos are needed :) , chucky soup and chocolate . We can do that !!!!:)

Oh, getting to Paradise Beach is easy...just tell any taxi driver to take you to Paradise Beach. There is only one taxi company so you don´t have to haggle...they are the white vehicles with a red stripe. The taxis are located at the end of the pier (it is very short) and to your left. Be patient...there will be lines for them. Paradise Beach is something you do on your own...no ship tour. The access to the beach is free as are the umbrellas and great lounge chairs. If you want to use the water toys, there is an $8 U.S. wrist band available for all day use. What they do ask is NO outside food or drinks! Please buy them there...the prices are inexpensive and extremely good. Remember, it is safe to eat and drink here in Cozumel. All water is purified and bottled. No one uses the tap water to cook with or drink...not even us (ok, so I brush my teeth with it!) 4 year old twins...wow, I used to be a kindergarten teacher...that brings back good memories!

And you bet...Spaghetti O´s are my personal weakness. I would appreciate a can soooo much. Gracias in advance and yes...look for me out on the pier.

Caro:

I am UNBELIEVABLY disappointed to hear the news about Passion Island! It is absolutely my favorite place, and I have been going there every year for the last four years. I have such fond memories of the entire experience, including the fine staff. Do you think there any chance the excursion might resume by early March of next year? Please keep us posted about this beautiful island.

I am sure the "owner" will work to get things going soon. Things work incredibly fast around here sometimes. They might be up and running fastest than they expect so March might be do-able. The picture of my foot was taken out there before I even worked there as a guide! It was a beautiful place and am sure it will be again.

Okay, where is Paradise Beach.

I am coming in March with the kids, and Coaumel is a beach/play day for the family.

It is located south of town about 6 miles. Easy to get to by taxi and there will be many taxis waiting there to take you back to the pier. It is my personal fav place to hangout on my day off. Here is their website that might help answer more of your questions...includes the menu and photos too.

http://paradise-beach-cozumel.net/

Caro,

It sounds like passion beach was damaged much more than Paradise Beach, (thanks for the link to paradise beach). It looks like a nice place to take our family in March 2006. My question is....are there any places like this on the east side of the island. We would like waves and less crowds, but would like to have water sports, drinks and food.

Thanks for all your input.:D

Caro,

It sounds like passion beach was damaged much more than Paradise Beach, (thanks for the link to paradise beach). It looks like a nice place to take our family in March 2006. My question is....are there any places like this on the east side of the island. We would like waves and less crowds, but would like to have water sports, drinks and food.

Thanks for all your input.:D

Sorry about my slow response...been out doing hard labor all day! Passion Island (at the north end of the island) was more heavily damaged than Paradise Beach (located toward the south). There aren´t any places like them on the eastside. There are only a few small restaurants and simple beach bars. The water is too rough to get into in most places...we have killer currents and rips over there. I strongly urge you to stay at a beach club...more fun things for your family to do along with great food and beverages. Besides, getting to the beach clubs is cheaper...easy to do in a taxi.

I am so disappointed to hear Passion Island didn't fare well. I always wanted to go there, but hated to spend all my time away from the action, so we always stuck to something closer to the ship or downtown. Just last night, DH and I decided to book our 4th cruise to Cozumel (and 2nd time to Calica). This time, I said, I am NOT going to miss out on Passion Island! Then, I log on today and find out it was basically destroyed!!! I desperately hope that it's back to semi-normal by the end of February. I really, really hope that I don't miss out on it this time.

Thank you, Caro, for the updates. Please keep them coming.

It is easy to find me...I am always on the pier when the ships come. Ask any of the tour operators or shore excursion staff to point me out. Just ask for Caro. I am not a guide any longer...I get to hang out on the pier most of the day now! Great fun but makes for funky tan lines!!!

Keep checking back closer to when you sail...I will try to post updates about Passion Island for ya´ll. Right now, all the cruise line folks are looking for the "owner".

Hey Bill, email me. I want to take you out to see a new tour...go karts! It is just starting up. Goes out north down Passion Island road and some jungle. They look like little Baja racers...complete with rollcages.

Hey Caro,

This isn't on Passion Island, is it? Just the road to? Anywho, I don't have your email addy - you can reach me at zydecocruiser@aol.com

Jaja...riding around and around Passion Island would be like riding on a gerbil wheel! Naw, it is down the road towords Passion Island and then into the jungle. The go-karts are a whole lot of fun and just enough adventure to get your heart racing! Will drop you a note later this evening. Gotta get to the pier!

I see that the Carnival Web site has changed the name of the Passion Island Adventure to the Private Island Beach Break. When I clicked on the description, I saw the exact wording contained in the original description of the Passion Island Adventure. Do you know if this excursion has resumed operation now?

I see that the Carnival Web site has changed the name of the Passion Island Adventure to the Private Island Beach Break. When I clicked on the description, I saw the exact wording contained in the original description of the Passion Island Adventure. Do you know if this excursion has resumed operation now?

Passion Island is not a true island - it is a penisula attached to the island of Cozumel by mangroves. And yes, I do believe that it is one in the same as the new name. They did try to open this week. There is only one palapa partially open and the kitchen facilities are not up and running. The beach is in somewhat order but far from original state. I have talked to the 3 remaining guides...the size of the groups they are taking are very small. Shall post new info as I get it.

Archived