Kirk Lanterman had a heart attack

tomc

We'll keep Mr. Lanterman & his family in our thoughts. Best wishes to him - tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know a whole lot about how big business works. The chairman is a "step down" position? Was he at one time more involved in the day-to-day operations of HAL that are now handled by Mr. Kruse?

Yes, he was President, CEO & Chairman of the Board - he stepped down as President & CEO a couple years ago and Stein Kruse became the CEO -though Kirk remained Chairman of the Board - I don't know if he remains in that position, he did initially.

Kirk was with HAL before it was purchased by Carnival Corp., (it was Holland America Line-Westours, I think) and has been with the company for over 30 years.

His wife, Janet :) owned a Seattle based travel agency; which was sold a year or so ago. My understanding was they wanted to have more time to travel together.

Hopefully, I got it fairly accurate - if not, I'm sure someone else will be able to correct me. :)

We'll keep Mr. Lanterman & his family in our thoughts. Best wishes to him - tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know a whole lot about how big business works. The chairman is a "step down" position? Was he at one time more involved in the day-to-day operations of HAL that are now handled by Mr. Kruse?

Kirk Lanterman was, from 1989 until his retirement in December 2004, CEO of HAL. I got to cruise on a ship with him once, in 2002 ... me and 1200 others. :) Shook his hand at a Cocktail Party and a Mariner's Reception and that's about it. Nice guy.

He used to be Chairman and CEO but the CEO position was given to Mr. Kruse a year or two ago.

The Chairman is the senior-most person of the Board of Directors. The Directors are the people who oversee the operations of the company.

The CEO is the senior-most person in running the day-to-day operations of the company.

Sometimes the Chairman and CEO will be the same person; sometimes they will be two different people.

Of course, not all companies have a Chairman and/or a CEO... It all depends on the way the company is set up.

best wished for a full recovery. can't stress how important adhering to his cardiac rehab programs will be to regaining his strength and his recovery. just think of this as a "wake-up call".

Take care of yourself!

Archived