Kirk Lanterman had a heart attack

tomc

I am very sorry to hear this news. Our thoughts and prayers will be with him, his wife Janet and the rest of their families.

Personally, though we've missed him at the helm of company, my understanding is that Lanterman's were really looking forward to being able to do more traveling once he stepped down.

I also pass along my wishes for a speedy recovery.

tomc - I hope you will continue to keep us posted should you learn more.

Let's stay on topic. Kirk's in terrible shape.

Just how bad was this heart attack?

Though ... I will be honest ... I'm not that familiar with the man and his work for HAL ... I will certainly add my thoughts and prayers for his speedy and complete recovery.

Blue skies ...

--rita

tomc - I hope you will continue to keep us posted should you learn more.
That's all I could find running a search on the Internet. I found the original information from my Cruise News Daily subscription, but that is copyrighted and can't be posted. Let me again put in a plug for it.

I heard about Mr. Lanterman's heart attack over the weekend and was told he was doing well. Haven't heard anything since. Many of us know that angioplasty/stents or bypass surgery are the common treatments after heart attack. Hopefully, whichever (if either) are recommended for him, the procedure is successful and he makes a great recovery.

Mr. Lantermans condition is CRITICAL and he is in ICU.

The family requests, please no flowers to be sent to him now. If you want please write a note/card you may and everyone is appreciated. Send them to him at HALs HQ in Seattle, WA there.

Also say prayers for him now when he is need and did so many things for us all in his deeds.

I heard about Mr. Lanterman's heart attack over the weekend and was told he was doing well. Haven't heard anything since. Many of us know that angioplasty/stents or bypass surgery are the common treatments after heart attack. Hopefully, whichever (if either) are recommended for him, the procedure is successful and he makes a great recovery.

AAAA....

Don't get tooooo nervous about the fact he is in ICU. When I had my heart attack, I was in CICU for four or five days before I had surgery. While I have no idea what they technically listed my condition, it couldn't have been great or I wouldn't have been in ICU. ;)

I had surgery and went home five days later.

I today live a full life with no limitations.

So, in and of itself, it may not be as bad as that information makes it sound.

On the other hand, of course, he may not be as lucky as I was.

My prayers for him, his family and his extended HAL family.

I know nothing specific about Mr. Lanternmen's condition.

But in most hospitals, all patients in the ICU are listed as "critical."

And, most patients with a heart attack or open heart surgery are placed in the ICU.

Some ICU patients are "not very sick"and expected to make a full recovery quickly, while others teeter between life and death. Because almost any heart patient can have an unexpected turn for the worse, it's appropriate to be in the ICU where such complications can be handled quickly.

Seattle's hospitals generally have excellent cardiac care, so he is likely in good hands. I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

I am very sorry to learn of Mr. Lanterman's illness. His work and effort over the years has greatly benefited all of us who enjoy the ships and crews of Holland America Line. As a member of the Board of Carnival Corporation, I am of the opinion that he offered valuable advice and insights that benefited all of the cruise lines under the CCL umbrella.

I will most certainly keep his family and him in my thoughts and prayers and hope for a speedy recovery.

I will also keep Mr. Lanterman in my prayers, and will remember to add him to our list of intentions during the Eucharist on Sunday.

May he recover to full health, and may he and his family be sustained and comforted during this time.

Ah ... However ... Lord help me ... I couldn't help myself. When I saw the title of this thread and noticed the timing of the attack, the first thing that ran through my mind was: "Oh no ... he's heard about the name for the first Signature ship!" :eek:

Sorry ... naughty moment there.

We're also wishing Mr. Lanterman all the best. While a heart attack is never a good thing, however if one is to have one, Seattle is a good location. I spent a good part of last year in Seattle dealing with my father's health. Fortunately we had time to research (after his accident and) before his heart surgery and there is excellent care in Seattle.

I will also keep Mr. Lanterman in my prayers, and will remember to add him to our list of intentions during the Eucharist on Sunday.

May he recover to full health, and may he and his family be sustained and comforted during this time.

Ah ... However ... Lord help me ... I couldn't help myself. When I saw the title of this thread and noticed the timing of the attack, the first thing that ran through my mind was: "Oh no ... he's heard about the name for the first Signature ship!" :eek:

Sorry ... naughty moment there.

Ohhhh, you are bad! Here's hoping that he will fully recover and you will have a chance to sail with him. I imagine he would get a chuckle out of your suspicions as to the cause of his attack.

We looked at the Noordam cruise in the Mediterannean that he was on last summer, but decided on a different cruise. We hope we will have another opportunity to meet the Lanterman's.

We looked at the Noordam cruise in the Mediterannean that he was on last summer, but decided on a different cruise. We hope we will have another opportunity to meet the Lanterman's.

We did the same as well Grumpy - we'd love the opportunity to cruise with them in the future. Mr. Lanterman has been affiliated with HAL for quite a number of years, and I'm sure he has some great stories to share.

tomc - thanks for the update.

We'll keep Mr. Lanterman & his family in our thoughts. Best wishes to him - tomorrow is Thanksgiving.

Personally, though we've missed him at the helm of company, my understanding is that Lanterman's were really looking forward to being able to do more traveling once he stepped down.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know a whole lot about how big business works. The chairman is a "step down" position? Was he at one time more involved in the day-to-day operations of HAL that are now handled by Mr. Kruse?

Archived