Odd annoying behavior

stbmom

While I probably would find these things irritating, we were fortunate not to run into any of it on our first cruise. I plan to give myself plenty of opportunities in the future to observe human nature, though, because after that first cruise I don't ever want to stop cruising.:p :p :p

Ah yes, the Fancy Dancers! We were all doing a line dance at the Country and Western night in the Safari club, having a great old time, and this woman behind me had to do all her fancy moves and take up all the acreage, so what does she do? She shoved me out of her way! Well, excuuuuse me! It's not like she elbowed me, or just danced me off the floor, but she actually put out her arms and pushed me away. I noticed that whenever she was out there dancing, she had to show off, even at the dance classes where we were all trying to learn something.

We had one of those "I got it cheaper, better, etc." people at our table. I told my friend that if I told him I got the cruise for 25¢, he'd say he got it for 15¢! He kept telling us how little he paid for the cruise and then spent all the rest of the time complaining about his cabin location. Hellooooo????

Ah yes, the Fancy Dancers! We were all doing a line dance at the Country and Western night in the Safari club, having a great old time, and this woman behind me had to do all her fancy moves and take up all the acreage, so what does she do? She shoved me out of her way! Well, excuuuuse me! It's not like she elbowed me, or just danced me off the floor, but she actually put out her arms and pushed me away. I noticed that whenever she was out there dancing, she had to show off, even at the dance classes where we were all trying to learn something.

folks like that bring the absolute worst out in me. makes me want to stick my foot out and --OOPS, trip them. But I don't, but sure want to. course that would make me on their level/

What about those people chronically late for dinner! The slow down the entire table. Get there 15 minutes late, then take forever to decide what they are having! I mean, it would be different if they came in late then were gracious enough to skip the first course, but no - they still want to have an appitzer and a salad then the main course. And what makes it worse is we always have early seating! So the wait staff is getting nervous because they need to turn the table over in a timely manner to get ready for late seating, but NO Mr. and Mrs. "I don't own a watch" can't seem to make it to dinner on time!

Yes and they do it on the way out and then you enter and WHAM!!!!!!! What makes even worse is the darn thing goes up or down one floor and somebody else gets on and thinks that you did it!!!!!!:eek: :)

You mean that wasn't you Gordon??:eek: Just kidding of course:rolleyes:

Chair Hogs in the Show Lounge rank right up there with me as well.......

How can you save 18 chairs in one single row? There aren't enough purses to even put on them:eek:

Ah yes, the Fancy Dancers! Hellooooo????

I experienced a couple like this last year on the Explorer. They thought everyone was supposed to yield to them when they danced. They danced everywhere but the dance floor. In the Viking Crown, they would circle the whole thing. At the Champagne Bar, they would go up and down the main hallway, at the........You get my point. Yea, these people are near the top of the list.:rolleyes:

Yes, Table Hogs! This might not happen on the bigger ships, but some of the ships we have been on can get quite crowded in the buffet area, especially on sea days. There will be folks quietly wandering around with their trays, looking all over the place for a table and place to sit, while folks are sitting there at tables reading books, newspapers, playing cards, or just visiting. That's so darned inconsiderate and it aggravates me to no end:mad: . I've experience all of these things with table hogs. DW asked one older gentleman (sitting by himself at a large table for maybe 6-8 people) if she could join him. He wasn't a nice guy at all. He was saving the seats. We finally found a place to eat, finished and while leaving he's still there by himself. People have rarely mentioned this problem on the boards, but it's out there.

I have to agree with:

• Heavy perfume (especially in the dining room, it makes my food taste like that crap).
  • Elevator Rushers (it's important to save up your "gas" for those people, and leave a calling card behind as they get in, and you exit:D ).
  • People butting in line.
  • Evil, wicked, mean and nasty cruisers who moan, groan, complain, and otherwise make a nuisance of themselves the entire cruise.

Fun thread.

Ken

What about those people chronically late for dinner! The slow down the entire table. Get there 15 minutes late, then take forever to decide what they are having! I mean, it would be different if they came in late then were gracious enough to skip the first course, but no - they still want to have an appitzer and a salad then the main course. And what makes it worse is we always have early seating! So the wait staff is getting nervous because they need to turn the table over in a timely manner to get ready for late seating, but NO Mr. and Mrs. "I don't own a watch" can't seem to make it to dinner on time!

Oh yes I know very well what your talking about. There was a family of 5 next to our table one cruise and they were 50 Minutes late!!! This wasn't just one night, this was every night of the cruise. It was something we couldn't stand!!

Since I haven't gone on my first cruise yet, I can only speak from other travel experiences...

I HATE HATE HATE it when someone bumps you and then doesn't say "excuse me". I also hate it when people let their children cut in line, and then they act like they are "catching up" but they never bring their children to the back of the line, and so, there they are a the front of the line... But mostly the impolite "excuse me" really bothers me the most...

NOW!... my 2 cents...

"size 18 in a 2 piece"... I can wear whatever I want, and so can anyone else, if you dont like it, dont look. I have paid my dues, raised productive children, happily married for almost 14 years. I can wear whatever the heck I chose and if it bothers you, that is not my problem:)

Also... I like the person who "always got it cheaper" that is a genius Idea and if i meet someone like that on my cruise, I shal do the same thing:)

One floor elevator takers... ANNOYING!

Heavy perfume is NASTY! who does this? this happens daily if you go anywhere, there is always some person who thinks their cologne/perfume is so great that they must share it with the world! barf!

I can't wait for my cruise! next weekend!!! woohoo! can't believe it! We are going to the Sand Dunes this weekend, leaving in the AM, so that will help cut out time nicely:)

Thanks!

I can actually put up with quite a lot from people. A lot of what is mentioned here is just everyday people behaving badly, you see it everywhere you go. No one is perfect.

But, what I find intolerable is mistreatment of the staff and crew to get what some think they are entitled to. I've witnessed it on almost every cruise I've been on, while waiting in line at the Guest Relation desk. Why people think they have to yell or present their issue with an attitude is so far from what you need to do to rectify most situations. I'm guilty of reading between the lines here on CC when people report they got yelled at by so and so employee of the ship. I have to wonder just how they approached the employee in the first place :confused: :rolleyes: .

I worked behing the scenes at a hotel years ago and it was astonishing how many times guests would approach the desk. Demanding, angry and accusatory, all before the clerk could even greet them. It was like they blamed the desk clerk for whatever the problem with the room was. Well, what would actually happen was the clerk would call maintenance, tell them what the jerk in #whatever wanted, but to take their time to do it. The person who would approach with kindness and a smile, please and thank you, the clerk would jump on it and call maintenance while the guest was present and ask the problem be corrected immediately.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

"size 18 in a 2 piece"... I can wear whatever I want, and so can anyone else, if you dont like it, dont look. I have paid my dues, raised productive children, happily married for almost 14 years. I can wear whatever the heck I chose and if it bothers you, that is not my problem:)

[/color]

Ok, what does raising kids and being married have to do with how you dress in public?? I agree with the OP on this topic, some folks need to look in a mirror before they leave their house/cabin :eek:

###

With 3,000 passengers traveling, what's odd to you might be normal to others.

What's odd to me might be fine with you.

What's weird to others might be OK for all of us.!!

Good thread....

Most recent "ODD"......the guy that wore the same bathing suit, Tshirt, socks, and sandals and jumped in the pool and swam every morning!! ( 9 day cruise) He then took a "shower" by the pool and went to the Windjammer!!! (In the same clothes every time)

By my standards: ODD

By others: NORMAL!!

On the good note for him: Packed a lot less clothes than the rest of us!!

(I sware this is true!!)

People who get on an elevator (those mind you in apparent good health I might add) and go up or down ONE FLOOR...........we had an epedimic of that on our last cruise.

I agree wholeheartedly about the elevator problems, but my DH looks otherwise healthy and has a knee replacement that doesn't do well on stairs (especially going DOWN). We would ride one floor. So, looks may be deceiving.

Archived