Straw Market Questions

My BIL & SIL took a cruise last moneth. They were talking about The Straw Market and the neat goodies to be found. If you have shopped there, tell me about your experiences, etc..

Thanks!

How about things for kiddies? Any goodies to be found?

Even though the island is operated by RCCL and used solely for their use (I believe), the merchants at the Straw Village do not accept the ship's SeaPass card. You'll need to pay cash ... credit cards are not accepted either. There are a good number of shops, we wandered through them all back in May, and will be there again next Monday on our Mariner of the Seas cruise.

I guess it all depends if you like that "souvenier-type" junk! We did the Nassau one once--and that was MORE than enough! I'm not much on buying stuff just for the sake of buying it! I'd really love to be able to shop where the residents do--most of the "shopping" areas near the dock is strictly for the tourists! You don't imagine that the residents purchase any of that stuff! I'd rather spend my money on a better cabin, than on t-shirts!

Archived