Your scariest cruise experience???

mere6373

[quote name='seaisme']We were sailing with HAL after a hurricane and we came upon a private yacht in the middle of the ocean that was severely damaged and listing and mast broken. The ship turned around and boarded the yacht...everyone on board HAL was anxious about what they would find. The yacht was empty. Later that evening, the Captain came on over the PA system and announced that the family on the yacht had abandoned it during the hurricane and were found by the Coast Guard and were safe.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Was on that cruise also...If I remember correctly it was the next night because it was the talk of the ship the whole next day.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000]I also remember sitting in the Crow's Nest one night with a fellow I met on the cruise (named Vic) and we watched a Coast Gaurd hilo take a pax off the ship.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='revneal']........That looks good, too, but I've been on the Maasdam several times and would like to try the Ryndam. AND, I've been to all those ports, while on the Ryndam's Sea of Cortez Cruise 3 of the ports will be new to me......[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Those three ports are a real nice experience! Not as busy, touristry and "in your face" as the "regular" three Mexican Riviera ports of Cabo, PV and Mazatlan but more the "sleepy" and relatively quiet Mexico from years back especially Loretto.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='airlink diva'] I forgot that the ship time was a hour ahead of shore time!
I can laugh about it now, but I was scaried out of my wits thinking about missing the boat. Now when I go on shore, I double check when swiping off on the ship time!![/QUOTE]

To the best of my knowledege, HAL time is shore time. This can get confusing in some places that may or may not observe DST. Most of Alaska is on Yukon time, an hour behind Vancouver. Is it possible, you did not set your watches to local time?

Nothing like almost missing the ship to get the adrenaline going. Thank goodness for those grandkids.

Our scariest moment was when we were on the Regal Princess in December 2004 we had sailed out of Hautulco in Mexico, we had a very sick passenger on board and was heading to a force 10 gale it was Just going dark. the seas were so bad we could not get a helecopter out to take this sick passenger off board and we were not in safe waters to dock. The captain decides to try turn the boat around, he sails into the wave wrongly and nearly turns the boat over, we were in a cabin near to the top decks and we were almost level with the sea, oh ----- talk about getting your life jackets on. Millions of dollars of damage all the drink in the shop got broken along with all the lladro and pottery perfume etc. First sitting diners the tables just tipped and all the food went sliding. Scary!!!!!! Then the captain gave an announcement that he was going to try to turn the boat round again, ( he did not manage it the first time.) You can imagine what we were thinking, he did manage to turn it around we went back to Hautulco and got the passenger off board, then we had to sail throught the force 10 gale again. Any body else out there on this cruise.
Oh I forgot to say thr Captain no longer works for Princess lines. I think he got sacked . Thank goodness.

[quote name='Vic The Parrot']That's right ..... it was November!

Sorry .... my mind's been like a seive lately. :( :eek:[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]How are you "Bic"?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]Still own the Miata?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]Jeppie[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='jessemon'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]How are you "Bic"?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]Still own the Miata?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]Jeppie[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yep .... still have my "baby"

Safe and sound in the driveway as we speak.

Where are you off to on Veendam?
(And check yer email)

:)

[quote name='Vic The Parrot']Yep .... still have my "baby"

Safe and sound in the driveway as we speak.

Where are you off to on Veendam?
(And check yer email)

:)[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=red]Leaving on Saturday for GC-Ocho and Costa Maya.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]Will stay on ship in Ocho.:eek: [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#ff0000]Jeff[/COLOR][/FONT]

Archived