Is This Possible To Do?

212cruiser

We will be on the Spirit next week. When it arrives in St. Thomas the Queen Mary 2 will also be in port. I would love to see the inside of the ship. Has anyone ventured onboard another vessel, such as the QM2, for a tour when they're in a port?

Thanks!

Not possible to do due to security regulations, sorry.

Most cruise lines won't let visitors aboard for security reasons. You can check on the Cunard (who owns QM2) website and see if they say anything (check the FAQ section). I doubt you'll be able to just go onboard. I would love to see the inside of her as well. Unfortunatly, we can't unless we're sailing on her. :( Not that I'd mind that though. :D

That's a good point about the tenders. They definatly would not let you aboard them without their version of the S&S card. :(

Not only that, but the QM2 is too large to dock and will anchor in St. Thomas, so you won't be allowed on their tenders without Cunard ID, stating you're a passenger.

It's not that it's too large. Just look at RCI's Voyager and Freedom classes. The ship is specifically built for Trans-Atlantic, so she has a very deep draft. She's too deep for many ports.

Aquahound, that's what I meant by too large. I didn't mean she was too long to fit at a dock, but I guess I wasn't technical enough. The old SS Norway had the same problem. A very deep draft that kept her from docking at many ports. On our QM2 cruise we only docked at FLL, as she was unable to dock anywhere.

Archived