question about cat. hh on ROTTERDAM

james j feller

All along the Promenade there are sections that are solid steel plates, forward and aft of the lifeboats. These are what are blocking the HH cabins. If you look somewhat forward or aft you may be able to see water from some of them, but not straight out. The DD and D can see through the gaps, and the Cs look under the lifeboats.

I used to live on the space coast,OCEAN WOODS do you know where it is ?

That's a great picture for the purpose Navy Chief! :)

No, Jim, I can't say that I know where Ocean Woods is! We're in Satellite Beach, between Patrick AFB and Indian Harbor Beach.

I booked an HH guarantee on the Westerdam in October and was upgraded to a GG. Which is also fully obstructed but had a lifeboat, not a tender in front of it. So it remained there the whole cruise. While I could not see through it, I could see around it, and down to the deck below.

I enjoyed having the floor to ceiling window, it allowed tons of light, and I would consider booking this catagory again.

Bev

I booked an HH guarantee on the Westerdam in October and was upgraded to a GG. Which is also fully obstructed but had a lifeboat, not a tender in front of it.

It wouldn't be like that on an S- or R-class ship. The lifeboats are up above the Lower Promenade Deck and don't obstruct the view.

It wouldn't be like that on an S- or R-class ship. The lifeboats are up above the Lower Promenade Deck and don't obstruct the view.

Thanks for the info Ruth. I have only ever sailed on the Vista Class on Hal, and I mistakenly thought the Rotterdam was in that class. Hope to sail on an R or S class soon though.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Bev

Archived