11/19 Mariner..A ?? for those who were there

kgrassel

Just got off the Mariner and DH and I were wondering about a passenger we seemed to keep running into onboard. He was a large man, 55-65 ish years old, and seemed to be very (self?) important and "in the know". We first noticed him in Chops where he appeared to be hosting a table that included several staff members and Captain Johnny, who had remained on board for a turnover week with Captain Per.

We were seated at a table next to them, and since he spoke quite loudly it was hard NOT to hear everything he said. We weren't purposely eavesdropping, but his voice and demeanor seemed to encourage attention. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't annoying. More like intriguing. After that I seemed to see him nearly everywhere I went on the ship. He knew stuff about the company and seemed to know all the staff on a first name basis. He was at the Platinum/Diamond party, but stuck with the staff. Yeah, I know I could have just gone up, introduced myself, and asked him just who the heck he was, but...

Just curious...anybody out there know who he was?

I'll take a stab and guess it may have been Jack (??last name??)

White hair? Well dressed or almost dressed as crew? And as you said, everywhere on-board. He really was a hoot at times, more of an ambassador than anything else.

3 years ago my sister, a girlfriend and I were on the Navigator and we met Jack, he had eyes on my sister and we got to know him fairly well....at least my sister did!! He just cruises and cruises and cruises. Some times as much as 12 weeks or longer at one time. Not sure what he does, I think he is from Canada. My sister has his card, I could find out.

Ever since, each cruise there after I asked each Captain and crew if they know Jack and the answer was always YES! :D

Hey I think my husband and I spoke with him and his wife out by the pool. She had 60 gold anklets on, one for every cruise. They were well dressed and said they live in Florida 7 miles from the port. He claimed to be a retired govermenment agent.:rolleyes: He was playing with a cute little girl who acted like she owned the ship. I thought it was his granddaughter and commented how cute she was. He said she was the Head Matri D's daughter. A few minutes later a youg woman in her late 20's early 30's came out, and it was the little girls mother. She seemed to know him well. Later I saw the woman with the Marti D. Does this sound like your man? For an agent he sure did brag alot. Too much info easily came out of his mouth. Believe it or not?:cool: Olive

Could be any of the above! He did not wear RCCL uniform, he was obviously a passenger, and his wife was with him. He had a diamond stud earring in his left ear, which seemed a bit odd for his age. I'd like to meet Jack, though. Bet he could tell some stories....!

Archived